Author Topic: Upgrading to People 300i  (Read 1684 times)

Momma bear

• View Profile
Upgrading to People 300i
« on: December 13, 2013, 10:24:36 AM »
Brought my Like in for 2000 mile service and ths sales guy Mike told me about a 2014 People with 3 miles on it that was coming in as a consignment. The owner has some kind of health problem that makes them unable to ride with a helmet . $4900 for the scoot same warranty . Put some money down to hold it and unless it's been layed down, it'll be mine next week.  It kills me to give up the Like but garage space is tight and I don't want my vehicles outside. My neighbor left their car out and squirels ate through the wires twice. Wish I had a bigger garage and a bigger wallet.
People300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrading to People 300i
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »
Dear Mom,
OK = good for you!
What color - and you have to post pictures!
The 300 is probably too much scoot for me - sure wish they stil made the smaller Peoples. Love the big wheels!
Enjoy and ride safe!
Stig
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:48:58 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 02:34:00 AM »
Post back what happens please. A review too if you buy it. I'm looking to go bigger too. I'd like to do some touring in my state. I've got my eye on a Piaggio right now that's a really great deal.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 04:43:14 AM »
Momma - almost 4500 miles on my Like 200 and lusting for a People 300. Like is perfect scoot for getting around my small town ( 1 mile to our only coffee shop and 2 miles to work). However we have 100's  of miles of perfect scooting two lane country roads and I'm needing something with a little more oomph. Curious to hear about your comparison of power and handling between the two. Need know what effect that extra 100 lbs. has on scooting around town. Parking, sharp right turns from a stop sign, etc. Would appreciate your posting some ongoing reports, OK?
Thanks. Merry Christmas
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 05:51:10 AM »
   do you have the peoples GT 200i that is what we can get in canada,  no GT 300i,s               sure would like to try one for size,. with those bigger tires, and flat floor  to get my size 12,s through,

Momma bear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 02:14:53 AM »
Sadly I took my Like to the dealer last Thursday and traded her in for the 300. I didn't win mega millions so away she went. I really love that scoot but I'm ridding with some motorcycle friend and needed a bit more. I can't believe I'm saying this on the Like 200 forum but OMG this 300 is great!  Sadly I wound not be saying this if the 200 were really a 200. The things that  make the 300 a better bike for me are the larger wheels mad higher seat. I'm 5'7" and felt a bit cramped now I'm quite comfortable. It's easy to handle and more stable in wind. The weight is good and bad. I do have a harder time getting it on the center stand. I also prefer the look of the Like. I was at the motorcycle show earlier this year and I told the Kymco rep they are missing out by not making a larger version of the Like and having more accessories for it. 
A bit of a unrelated topic where can I learn how to post pictures to this forum? I have a desktop computer and would like to learn this.
People300i

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 03:20:54 AM »
My S250 isn't as big as a 300gt but from a stop, the bigger wheels quickly help you to stay upright so just a little lean into the turn and away you go.  I find when I'm wearing my riding boots it's much easier to get up on the center stand than when I have on tennis shoes.  That's a good thing.  I wear my boots more often when I ride.   ATGATT! 
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »
To post pics, instead of quick reply do this:
Reply > Attachments and other options > Choose File
That's on a tablet. Not sure if it's the same for a PC