Author Topic: Super 9 starting issues  (Read 1534 times)

kymco super 9 lc

• View Profile
Super 9 starting issues
« on: December 18, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »
Hello,
I have a Super 9 lc that didnt run for about 2 years. I cleaned out the carb completly and discoverd the throttle valve spring broke in half so i replaced that. After some effort the scooter fired up and ofcouse after standing for 2 years lots of smoke came out but it sounded great. From then on it went downhill. I took it out for a test drive and when going full throttle the engine cut off as if it ran out of petrol. I started it again and it fired right up but then shut off again, then it would barely run in idle, now it doesnt start at all. Only an occasional fire up. I cleaned out the whole carb again the jets werent clogged up. Also fuel is getting to the carb. Anyone have any ideas why i wont start anymore? I did fidle with the air screw but i put it back on about 1.5 turns counterclockwise from the carb (which it said in my manual). Thanks

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Super 9 starting issues
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
Fuel, spark, compression . . .
Test ignition and pulser coil Ohms . . section 15 of service manual.
Test cylinder compression.
Inspect reeds.
Verify exhaust is not obstructed.

kymco super 9 lc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 08:10:45 PM »
Thanks. The carb gets fuel, has a good spark, the exhaust isnt obstructed, I havent checked compression since i dont have a gauge. Im going to check the reeds tonight, then if those are ok ill find a way to do a compression test. Thanks again for replying.

kymco super 9 lc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
So i took out the reeds and there was a small stone keeping one flap open. After turning the reeds around and making sure they properly closed i put everything back together and it ran for a minute in idle after that it died again. I geuss im gonna have to do a compression test.

kymco super 9 lc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 01:47:18 PM »
Did a compression test and the compression was good. Im quite lost in what to do now. I think the auto bystarter might be broken so ill start by replacing that and getting a new sparkplug.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()