Author Topic: Quick Heads-Up on a Solid Scooter Cover  (Read 967 times)

MassScoot

• View Profile
Quick Heads-Up on a Solid Scooter Cover
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:26:46 AM »
I just wanted to pass this along. I'm sure some of you keep your scooter outdoors 24/7 like I do. We own a home, but don't have a garage (sigh) I found this weatherproof scooter cover from Empire covers. I received it on Thursday & I really like it for the money. The large size fits my GT300i perfectly. I noticed my 2-year cover had a couple of tears on Monday & I ordered this right away. I guess on Mondays they give 40% off vs. their normal 30% I paid $27.19 & $10.02 for S/H to Massachusetts ($37.21 total) Comes with a 3-year warranty as well. I'm going to order a back-up tomorrow. It's a great deal for the money.

http://www.empirecovers.com/scooter_covers.aspx?gclid=CL2JmcH87rECFcXb4AodKCIAOQ
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

jmwood1968

• View Profile
Re: Quick Heads-Up on a Solid Scooter Cover
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 05:50:26 AM »
I keep my 150 outside 24/7 an use the largest Brinkman grill cover from Home Depot.
Kymco S8 150
Kymco Like 200i
Vespa PX150
Honda Fury
Honda Sabre

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »
I keep my 150 outside 24/7 an use the largest Brinkman grill cover from Home Depot.

That's too funny! Whatever works. I wish we had a garage & maybe we will sometime down the road. Right now I keep the battery on a float charge via a Deltran Battery Tender Jr. In the fall I spray my exhaust pipe with CorrosionX as we live about a block away from the ocean (salt air kills metal) If any of you keep your scooter outside you should use this here:

http://www.corrosionx.com/

This product simply works!
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »
I just have a Sportsman motorcycle cover from Walmart for $20. It's UV protected to protect the plastic from excessive sun damage.
It's water resistant, but NOT waterproof, so if it's going to rain I put a small plastic trash bag over the handlebars to keep water off of the switches and then the bike cover over that.
Of course when it rains while I'm out or at work, the scoot just gets wet! I dry it off when the rain stops.  8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 11:03:18 PM »
I just wanted to pass this along. I'm sure some of you keep your scooter outdoors 24/7 like I do. We own a home, but don't have a garage (sigh) I found this weatherproof scooter cover from Empire covers. I received it on Thursday & I really like it for the money. The large size fits my GT300i perfectly. I noticed my 2-year cover had a couple of tears on Monday & I ordered this right away. I guess on Mondays they give 40% off vs. their normal 30% I paid $27.19 & $10.02 for S/H to Massachusetts ($37.21 total) Comes with a 3-year warranty as well. I'm going to order a back-up tomorrow. It's a great deal for the money.

http://www.empirecovers.com/scooter_covers.aspx?gclid=CL2JmcH87rECFcXb4AodKCIAOQ

MASSCOOT

I have the same scooter, windshield and Shad top case. The cover I have now fits it perfectly if I take off the top case. What size cover did you get to fit properly?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:00:57 AM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 11:40:51 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4634.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xscooter+cover&_nkw=scooter+cover&_sacat=0&_from=R40

They used to list these at the .99 cent beginning auction price w/ free shipping. I found one at 3:30AM, and got it for .99.

Took two weeks from China but I still have it, and use it every day. It's just a simple Nylon cover but it does have grommets for a cable lock, and has lasted 5 or so years so far. In the Florida sun, and on the coast. (about 300 yards to the water)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()