Author Topic: Is there longer sidekick stand?  (Read 1691 times)

chieninhouston

• View Profile
Is there longer sidekick stand?
« on: August 22, 2009, 06:03:15 AM »
In my garage, i always put a piece of 2x4 under the sidestand for my P250. The sidestand seems too short for my taste. It makes the scooter leaning too much. Would like to see if I could find a longer one or somehow extend the length 1.5" longer. So the P250 won't lean that much when parked.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
James Chien
2006 People 250
2008 Honda Silver Wing  "MYPONY"

axy

• View Profile
Re: Is there longer sidekick stand?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 08:55:08 AM »
In my garage, i always put a piece of 2x4 under the sidestand for my P250. The sidestand seems too short for my taste. It makes the scooter leaning too much. Would like to see if I could find a longer one or somehow extend the length 1.5" longer. So the P250 won't lean that much when parked.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is no need, the sidestand of P250 is quite adequate provided that the surface is flat and on a level. There are scooters that have much higher leaning angle when put on a sidestand. You should see how Cobra 50 (TopBoy 50) looks like on a sidestand. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
I use the center stand whenever possible - the side one always goofs me up when I forget to put it up, or try and start it when its down - maybe I will get used to it, as its a lot easier to use than center stand.  And I like to warm up the scooter before I take off and you can't do that on side stand.

Perhaps you could have a welding shop extend it for you - if you have room for it to  be extended and that wouldn't  goof anything up.  You would probably have to take it off the scooter for them to work on it.

Good luck.

:)>>
:)>>

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:44:01 PM »
If you prolong a sidestand, you might make the scooter even more unstable when leaned onto it, because the leaning angle will be lower and stability impaired.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 01:44:03 AM »
With taller tires on mine i had to cut off the little foot on the bottom of the side stand, and slide on a piece of pipe. I pushed it up to the little foot peg part, and pop rivited it on. Mine would fall over in a breeze before I did this. The only problem is this is no good for parking on dirt
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()