Author Topic: My son gave me a car for Christmas..  (Read 3108 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
My son gave me a car for Christmas..
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:38:52 AM »
My son gave me a car for Christmas...not just an ordinary car... but MY car when I was in High School 39 years ago... Yes, my car... a 1973 Dodge (Mitsubishi) Colt 2-door....I already sold this a long time ago in the late 80's I think....  he searched for it for years, found it and managed to buy it... My son graduated from college last March and landed a new job just about 2 weeks ago... I bought him a car on his birthday a few years back... he sold his car to get me a Christmas gift that I really missed and wanted ... great son...  ;)  Guess what I will give him in return?...  ;)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:36:20 AM by Vivo »

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: My son gave me a car for Christmas..
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 04:53:11 PM »
did you find the first scooter he rode to school, lucky guy,.  unless you bought him a gt 300i  Santa had a load to your house Xmas ,.  the best to you and family for the new year,.  and ride safe

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »
My God, guess what my first car was when I was in high school? A 1973 silver dodge colt!
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:16:55 PM »
"The Bajaj always snaps it's drive belt close to home." = Indian verse from the 1300's.
[the American version is something like: "Like Father, like Son."]
Well done , Dad & Mom, to raise such a thoughtful and loving son.
I think we can all see where he gets it.
Pictures please!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 01:08:14 AM »
Guess what I will give him in return?...  ;)

A hooker and some blow?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 02:13:01 AM »
Looks like you have given him everything he could ever want and need. You gave him you. Very well done. My best to you and your family.

Happy New Year and ride safe, mscmkr

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 02:51:14 AM »
A hooker and some blow?
You guys crack me up! I love this forum!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 01:43:04 AM »
A hooker and some blow?

Lol! That's cheap...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 01:45:10 AM »
My God, guess what my first car was when I was in high school? A 1973 silver dodge colt!

Haha! Seems very popular at that time! 

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 04:43:20 AM »
Wow! Very thoughtful of your son.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 03:37:59 PM »
Very special, Vivo! Don't pay any attention to 08087, I found he lives under a bridge just outside Panama City Beach!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »
Very special, Vivo! Don't pay any attention to 08087, I found he lives under a bridge just outside Panama City Beach!

Karl

You must have me confused with Zombie.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 02:29:22 AM »
You must have me confused with Zombie.

Zombie, .. I'm still wondering what happened to him... got tired of scooters, I guess...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 02:46:57 AM »
My first car!.
During your final few weeks in-country in the famous sunny S.E.Asia dust-up a few decades ago, if you were lucky, you got rotated to a rear area. Even medics .... if your replacement showed up.
Mine did, and while waiting for my orders for DEROS to catch up with me they came around asking if anyone wanted to volunteer to make the daily mail run to an airstrip a few miles away. The major draw was the cold pop they had there - plus the chance to get off the miserable little compound I was on.
So, the Army being so strange - they asked to see my military driver's license.
I had never driven anything but 4 Honda motorcycles - but I quickly lied and said I had lost it while fording a creek or somesuch. They sent me to the motor pool to check out a vehicle and to get a proper paper license.
All of the vehicles had been 'red-lined' as broken junk....but I found a 3/4 ton that I could get started.
I took off in it to bring it to the shed and promptly slammed into the side of the motor pool Sgt.'s Deuce & a Half.....lousy brakes and I forgot about the clutch pedal when stopping.(or, not stopping)
Got my license and a big piece of plywood that said "US Mail - Do Not Delay !" to hang on the front.
Proceeded to lose a few more hearts and minds with my high speed learning-to-drive rips through the "unsecured" country-side - trying to avoid the Lambretta taxis (loaded with 12 people, 3 goats & several cases of chickens) and "Charlie The Sniper", and -the theory was - if you hit a mine at speed -- you'd be OK(I wasn't old enough to drink - so, this theory seemed the  "No Sh-t Gospel" & much better than the alternative) . Learned NOT to play chicken with some sort of large buttoned-up armored vehicle at a cross roads....."Bad Moon Rising" painted on the side with teeth on the front.
Got my cold Coke everyday for 2 weeks, did not get dinged and learned to drive my first car!
(the truck's gas leak was amazingly productive, leaving a cloud of petrol mist swirling & wafting behind me - so I had to wait to smoke until after I got to my destination)
Angels DO watch over kids and drunks.

found this photo of a 3/4 ton on Bing - though my truck never looked this good...and there sure as heck was no Bull's Eye star on the doors!!
Stig
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:01:17 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()