Author Topic: The crimianls thought my Agility 125 was a cheap Chinese 50cc bike  (Read 2704 times)

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Guys:

My bike was stolen, but I found the bike around 300 feet away from parking spot in my condo complex. The dumbass criminals thought my bike was one of those cheap 50cc Chinese bikes everyone rides here in Vegas. They even tried to remove the Nevada license plate on it and could not do it.  They needed the parts more than I did. They took my right mirror, broke the top part of the fender, and messed with the battery and ignition system. I already checked online and saw a new fender runs for $54.00 in change. I went over to Cycle Gear and brought a new motorcycle cover for $15 in change.

Tuesday I am taking over to Vegas Motor Sports and having Chris the mechanic look at her. I hope the theives did not do too much damage to it. I know the bike is still under warranty. I just hope this covers the damage. I guess to get the bike up and running again with labor and parts will be between $200-$300.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Re: The crimianls thought my Agility 125 was a cheap Chinese 50cc bike
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
Sorry to hear they forked with you and the scoot. Sucks putting her back together and waiting to see if they strike again, any cameras in the parking area?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:26:22 AM »
Thats really crappy and glad that you got it back! Hope its a cheap fix!
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:32:04 AM »
Sorry to hear that!.. A cover is a good theft deterrent... I always cover my scoot when parked... except in malls.

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »
When I lived at an apartment complex I used a cover and a Xena Disk Lock Alarm. I can't understate the value of one, the inability to roll it plus a 120db alarm going off would deter most thieves.

hellboy7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »
Damn that sucks... What scumbags. Definitely be more aware.. I know Vegas is quite the hotbed for criminal activity at time.s

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 06:23:41 PM »
There are no cameras in my complex. A few of my neighbors saw the two teenagers who did it. They just thought it was one of those cheap Chinese 50ccs everyone rides in Vegas. I know if they knew it was my bike I would have confronted the criminals. Since they so badly wanted the bike I would have asked them for 3k and to see a driver license.  My friend has this big metal chain lock that he sold me. I should have purchased this from him awhile ago.

My friend is gonna fix my bike. He has worked on bikes all his life. So far it has cost me $90 with shipping for new parts for it. Today I added theft and fire protection to my bike. Well at least I have the cage I can use. This is more for recreational use.

Momma bear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 02:02:10 AM »
Sorry this happened . I have a cable lock for the times it's parked for more than a few minutes. The truth is if they want it they'll take it. I'm glad there are more nice people in this world than jerks. Good luck with the repairs.
People300i

jmwood1968

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 08:38:18 AM »
I use a chain also. I have the chain wrapped around floor boards and chained a back porch at apartment. Get a bicycle tube cut it in half an tread chain through the tube so the chain dosent chip paint.
Kymco S8 150
Kymco Like 200i
Vespa PX150
Honda Fury
Honda Sabre

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 06:55:05 PM »
That stinks. I'm glad I live in an area were crime is so low. You'll be up & running again. If you have insurance (which I'm sure you do) The Kymco warranty will not cover theft. I have a $500.00 deductible, so I think either way it's coming out for you pocket. I would recommend buying some sort of scooter/wheel lock in the future. Good Luck.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 04:35:35 AM »
Well guys,
My friend was able to get my bike started again. The criminals really messed up the crank shift. My friend fixed this.  I purchased this big ass chain lock from my friend for $80.00. I know if one wants to steal something they will. This is just part of reality. I am probably gonna need to purchase a ignition switch at some point. My friend is doing the whole thing for 50 bucks in change plus me buying a good pizza pie from Cugino's Italian Deli and Pizzeria. The pie is worth it since this is some of the best New York pizza in all of Vegas. The family is Staten Island and of course the pizza tastes just like home. 8)

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »
They messed up the crank shaft? Thats a bit more than a 50$ repair on a 4t 125cc. You have yourself a good friend with a wrench.
I love Vegas but I cant ever find any good Italian. We usually stay at the MGM Grand when Im in town on business so we tried a few expensive ones first. Weve gone to Il Moulino, Sergios, Parma, Noras, and the place at New York New York. None really did that great. Im definitely going to check out Cuginos for some pie. Thanks for the tip!
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 07:53:18 PM »
Ummm, PIZZA! Give me some! :P

Nothing like a good Pizza that is like home.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 06:20:24 PM »
The crank shaft was not too bad. They messed up the foot pedal thing when one does not want use the starter to start the car. As for pizza, Vegas does have a few of them now. If one travels to downtown Vegas, PizzaRock recently opened up across the street from the new Downtown Grand hotel(the old Lady Luck hotel). Popup Pizza is inside the new Plaza hotel and this place has really good pizza. On the west side of town is what is now known as world famous Dom DeMarco's  which is from the DiFara family of Brooklyn. Even  Nicolas Cage has eaten here. As you know Cuginos is good too. Just google them and read the reviews on Yelp.com

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 05:43:50 PM »
Guys,
My bike is finally fixed. My friend Terry took care of it. I am glad to be riding again, now that the weather is just about perfect for riding in Vegas. Now the only thing we need here is a heavy snow pack on the eastern Colorado Rockies for the drought to be over here in Vegas and the rest of the West.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()