Author Topic: JJJeremy and LoveMyKymco  (Read 1005 times)

245luigi

• Boston, MA
    • View Profile
JJJeremy and LoveMyKymco
« on: January 16, 2014, 12:36:29 PM »
As the almight Stig once said, "opinions are like belly buttons, everyones got one!" (Slightly edited)

We all know there is no right way to do anything in this scooter world. So lets KEEP CALM AND SCOOT ON!

Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas Triops
Malossi Torque Driver

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
Re: JJJeremy and LoveMyKymco
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »
Its not a matter of opinion when someone is giving bad information.
Just my 2 cents, if you want to order honda parts for a yamaha based engine then go for it. Just dont expect them to work. I just find it interesting that some people speak about things they have no clue about and get called out on it and they continue to give more false information. I was always taught that if you dont know what youre talking about you keep your nose out of it and watch to learn how things are done correctly. Then later you can hopefully regurgitate it back in a proper order and it will help someone. Not give someone misinformation and cause a regression in the normal process of evaluation.
I have no intention of dragging this guy through the mud, but if he continues to give more and more false information I will point it out. Its not complicated, Im not being malicious or trying to cause an upheaval but I do want people to get the right parts. And if I have some input from previously doing something first hand I try to convey it to alleviate any confusion. There was one guy before me named Zombie and that guy was a true R&D guy. A lot of the things Ive tried was because of his insight and help. But hes gone now and hopefully will come back at some time.
I can only pass on my personal experiences, the good and the bad, with the 8600$ in aftermarket parts I bought for my personal scooters in a way some may or may not understand or like. Please dont ever mistake my confidence as coc*iness as Im not trying to be top dog on the block. Also when Im wrong I will say Im sorry and carry my load not continue on a destructive path for everyone.
In the end its only a scooter, and it is only a scooter community. And sometimes were not all here to make friends but to give correct information and to receive correct information and then we log out. And eventually we never log back in.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 07:44:34 PM »
I have no doubt that both of you genuinely want to help people fix and tune and perfect their scooters. I admire and value that. However, it's not very professional to bad mouth and insult your fellow posters even if they are potentially wrong about something that may lead to an expensive headache for a customer. In the long run, that makes enemies that ridicule you when you eventually trip, instead of friends that you can access when you get stumped by a problem. I know I want as many friends as possible when I get stuck on a project! :D

I find it much more impressive to see a guru patiently and sagely explain why, out of two options, one option will work better than the other for the given scenario. It leaves open the possibility of discussion and learning and refining what we know. No single person will have all the pieces of the puzzle. Someone else might have a better idea, and when that idea comes it's nice to be able to welcome it as a guru instead of walking away with egg on the face. Nobody likes walking away with egg on the face, logic or not. That's why we're here on a scooter forum to learn and share how scooters work.

For what it's worth, it's not necessary to rely on credentials and photos to bully each other to thinking your way. If you have a good, solid idea, then it will stand on its own without extra fluff. Although photos of LoveMyKymco's shop would be welcomed and encouraged in a separate thread in the Photo section. There's some neat stuff in there. :)
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 07:51:03 PM »
Its not a matter of opinion when someone is giving bad information.
Just my 2 cents, if you want to order honda parts for a yamaha based engine then go for it. Just dont expect them to work. I just find it interesting that some people speak about things they have no clue about and get called out on it and they continue to give more false information. I was always taught that if you dont know what youre talking about you keep your nose out of it and watch to learn how things are done correctly. Then later you can hopefully regurgitate it back in a proper order and it will help someone. Not give someone misinformation and cause a regression in the normal process of evaluation.
I have no intention of dragging this guy through the mud, but if he continues to give more and more false information I will point it out. Its not complicated, Im not being malicious or trying to cause an upheaval but I do want people to get the right parts. And if I have some input from previously doing something first hand I try to convey it to alleviate any confusion. There was one guy before me named Zombie and that guy was a true R&D guy. A lot of the things Ive tried was because of his insight and help. But hes gone now and hopefully will come back at some time.
I can only pass on my personal experiences, the good and the bad, with the 8600$ in aftermarket parts I bought for my personal scooters in a way some may or may not understand or like. Please dont ever mistake my confidence as coc*iness as Im not trying to be top dog on the block. Also when Im wrong I will say Im sorry and carry my load not continue on a destructive path for everyone.
In the end its only a scooter, and it is only a scooter community. And sometimes were not all here to make friends but to give correct information and to receive correct information and then we log out. And eventually we never log back in.

Problem is, is that the person dispatching the bad information isn't always aware of their limits or that what they are delving out is suspect. I try and limit my scooter information cause I'm limited and am aware of it, but I'm sure at some point I thought I had the "right" answer and spouted it out only to find out after I was incorrect.

It can be a fine line.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()