Author Topic: Summer Evening Rides  (Read 1223 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Summer Evening Rides
« on: January 19, 2014, 04:07:13 PM »
Anybody remember the summer evening rides on your scoots?
seems like a  l o n g   time ago...

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Evening Rides
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 04:24:51 PM »
Ya Stig, my heart aches for a warm, sunny day ride.
It has been cold, windy, and wet where I live.
All I can do is start my GT once in awhile and stare at it.   :'(
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »
Hi Stig, Lately we here in  western Oregon have been stuck under the "gray blanket". It has been freezing fog giving way to cold drizzle. It is perfect weather for moss! I have been able to ride on scattered occasions when we get a sun break or two. My Like 200i just starts and runs on each opportunity without fuss and while it's not pleasant riding at least it's still fun. I'm just keeping it on my battery tender and with STP gas treatment in the tank. Just remember  Spring is right around the corner. :P
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

cochi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 07:02:53 PM »
Hi Stig, thanks for the picture. I'm in Philadelphia, not quite as cold as where you are, but still miserable. I've been able to take the Like out on a couple of errands, which have helped keep withdrawal symptoms under control!!!! cochi ;) 

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 07:04:10 PM »
Hi Stig, Lately we here in  western Oregon have been stuck under the "gray blanket". It has been freezing fog giving way to cold drizzle.... Spring is right around the corner. :P
Same here in western Idaho. We've been socked in with inversion fog for the last 2 weeks, so it's cold and everything is coated with frost. Memories of those long, warm summer evenings are great motivation to just hang in there a little longer and wait for better weather. Meanwhile, if it gets above 45 and we see the sun, I'm on the scooter immediately!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 07:50:45 PM »
The sun is out and strong today....maybe it will clear the streets. Cold is no problem....but gotta get the snow/ice off of the roads. This is my first scooter - and first winter with a scooter - I even miss the frozen fingers and dodging deer in the dark on my 0'Dark:30 rides....
I had my hot Tim Horton's coffee in the top box - double cupped to keep it warm longer. When the fingers froze, I'd park in the dark and hold the coffee....and smile. What kinda nut does this while everyone else is still in their warm beds!?
Tim's

Frosty morning...
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »
In that opening post it looks like the scoot is going round that bend riderless!

I have to say, most of my summer evening rides is via the boat. Scoot is for work.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()