Poll

will changing the jet out to a number 82 or better improve performance on a mostly stock agility?

0 (0%)
8?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: More agility 50 carb questions  (Read 3314 times)

amsoilguy

• View Profile
More agility 50 carb questions
« on: August 24, 2009, 05:05:17 PM »
Will the stock 50cc engine appreciate the more fuel it would be recieving from the larger jet with the cdi box hacked and the restrictor washer taken off the flywheel?? what would be the best jet size for my application? Everyone's help on this forum is greatly appreciated I didn't know there were so many die hard perfomance enthusiasts on scooters willing to help the new guy out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:06:54 PM by amsoilguy »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: More agility 50 carb questions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »
...generally, an 85 jet should work nicely..."Stock" jet is an 80...I've read some prefer an 82, but my dealer suggested the 85...

peace
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:19:46 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:58:05 PM »
I agree w/ slinger. #82 would be fine w/ a stock air box,and for another $10.00 us you can get a k&n type filter, and run the #85.  Poss. raise the needle 1 notch
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 06:57:05 PM »
I put the #85 in with stock air box, bad idea, I replaced the stock jet soon after.With a UNI filter or something like that would probly be nice though.I have a question also. What does raising the needle do and how do I raise it, I know where its at and used a washer to do it but took it off soon after also. Is there a different method to do this.

Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
The needle controls the fuel delivery from about 1/4 -3/4 throttle.  From 0-1/4 throttle the idle jet controls the fuel, and from 3/4-full the main jet controls the fuel.  Raising the needle will increase the fuel delivered in that throttle range.  Lowering will decrease.  I'm not sure about your particular carb, but my Arreche has 3 different positions to change the height.  There are small grooves near the top of the needle that a clip snaps into to change the height.  There are also different needles available with different tapers to fine tune even further.  Hope this helps.  Ask for clarification if needed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 03:18:52 AM »
Rock on shaka!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »
The needle controls the fuel delivery from about 1/4 -3/4 throttle.  From 0-1/4 throttle the idle jet controls the fuel, and from 3/4-full the main jet controls the fuel.  Raising the needle will increase the fuel delivered in that throttle range.  Lowering will decrease.  I'm not sure about your particular carb, but my Arreche has 3 different positions to change the height.  There are small grooves near the top of the needle that a clip snaps into to change the height.  There are also different needles available with different tapers to fine tune even further.  Hope this helps.  Ask for clarification if needed.

..my stock carb on my A-50 has no needle adjustments...dang...

:-\

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:53:39 PM »
Like the fella a few posts earlier said, you can use a tiny washer to raise the needle. I have used little O-rings in the past. Or you could MIC. out a few replacements, But it all seems like a lot of trouble if things are working fairly well. Seems like just when you get it ALL RIGHT, the gremlins come in and change something.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »
Like the fella a few posts earlier said, you can use a tiny washer to raise the needle. I have used little O-rings in the past. Or you could MIC. out a few replacements, But it all seems like a lot of trouble if things are working fairly well. Seems like just when you get it ALL RIGHT, the gremlins come in and change something.

yeah, i just need an 85 jet..

..and i'll be satisfied with what I gots...

..this is my only legal ride right now...

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »
did you get a hold of scooter therapy? thats where I got my 85 jet
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 10:00:05 PM »
did you get a hold of scooter therapy? thats where I got my 85 jet

So far, i've just been looking local..but thanx for the tip!!

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 10:01:54 PM »
I would give them a call they are very helpful for me.

Scooter therapy # (608) 255 1520

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 10:03:35 PM »
..awesome!..

I saved that number...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »
Also for tough to find jets, I posted earlier you can use "PIN DRILLS" to open up what you have. You can get a set for around $25.00 U.S., and w/ the little "VISE" they come with it only takes finger presure to open the brass jet.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 11:57:30 PM »
Also for tough to find jets, I posted earlier you can use "PIN DRILLS" to open up what you have. You can get a set for around $25.00 U.S., and w/ the little "VISE" they come with it only takes finger presure to open the brass jet.

..hey...cool..where do I get them, and do you know what the ID of an 85 jet should be??

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()