Author Topic: ECU change to gain more HP  (Read 4536 times)

Arthur

• View Profile
ECU change to gain more HP
« on: January 26, 2014, 06:33:55 PM »
Hi,
I'm new in this forum, but I'm glad to find out this interesting site.
I'm riding dt 300 since 2011, on 2013 I trade up to new one with ABS.
I have the multivar and my DT passed over 16000 KM.
I started a reaserch over a new ECU, or other non stock fuel managment system, didn't saw a lot of items on the internet.
As further looking I saw that "TK Turbojet FI fuel controller Lambda for Daelim, Honda, Kymco, Suzuki, Yamaha", and I am courios if someone has done some changes, or heard about modifying the stock ECU?
I really have a filling that the engine have much more power but something is stopping him, my geuss is the ECU.
What you guys think?
Thanks

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: ECU change to gain more HP
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »
Hi,
I'm new in this forum, but I'm glad to find out this interesting site.
I'm riding dt 300 since 2011, on 2013 I trade up to new one with ABS.
I have the multivar and my DT passed over 16000 KM.
I started a reaserch over a new ECU, or other non stock fuel managment system, didn't saw a lot of items on the internet.
As further looking I saw that "TK Turbojet FI fuel controller Lambda for Daelim, Honda, Kymco, Suzuki, Yamaha", and I am courios if someone has done some changes, or heard about modifying the stock ECU?
I really have a filling that the engine have much more power but something is stopping him, my geuss is the ECU.
What you guys think?
Thanks

Best case scenario, 0.5-1hp, not something you'd really feel.
Time to move on to a more powerful bike, you've squeezed a lot out of the DT already.
XC400 would be a good, but a small improvement.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Arthur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:29:07 PM »
Actually I don't think you quite right, I heard that you can gain 20% more HP and beyond that decrease fuel consumption.
The main reason that I'm thinking of that is the cost effective of the idea. Think of that with an extra 200$ you can upgrade your bike with the benefit of a 400cc one without spanding the addition high cost of buying one (also paying extra insurance rates).
I raise this post to really hear from someone professional about the risks, if there is, of such thing.
If I'm buying a costumize ECU, with plans that can be programmed and changed I don't see any reason of harming the engine.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:16:03 AM »
If you re-map your ECU or change to a modified ECU with a stock or almost stock engine, you will not gain that much hp.   Remapping is done once your engine has been modified... cams, pistons, heads, etc.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:18:56 AM by Vivo »

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:50:29 AM »
I would like to add to this.

For engines that are producing so little power, tuning via a piggybak (Power Commander) or ECU mapping, even a 10% increase will only give u 2-3hp more.  That's minimal gains for the cost incurred.

But, having a custom tune/map would eliminate the factory map set to pass emissions, hence the removal of the flat spot giving better response, fuel consumption and ridability. 

Arthur, I really would be skeptical of a plug and play product that claims to give you 20% more HP, from a 300cc to 400cc scoot. Even if it can, I would be looking into upgrading your internals, fuel pump etc.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »
Actually I don't think you quite right, I heard that you can gain 20% more HP and beyond that decrease fuel consumption.
The main reason that I'm thinking of that is the cost effective of the idea. Think of that with an extra 200$ you can upgrade your bike with the benefit of a 400cc one without spanding the addition high cost of buying one (also paying extra insurance rates).
I raise this post to really hear from someone professional about the risks, if there is, of such thing.
If I'm buying a costumize ECU, with plans that can be programmed and changed I don't see any reason of harming the engine.

Extra power = more strain on the engine, it's not happening by the means of fairy dust.
Also, unless you have a turbo on that bike, 20% more power is laughable (and exactly
what a manufacturer of such a device would probably tell you).

I can't gain 6hp (DT's 20%) on my 100hp motorcycle with a ECU and a proper exhaust (and that's $1500 right there for both).
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 10:54:01 PM »
  The "TK Turbojet FI fuel controller Lambda for Daelim, Honda, Kymco, Suzuki, Yamaha"
is probably a resistor to fool your bike into thinking there is colder going into the engine
 than it really is.

They claim all kinds of gains with those and it might make a little difference especially
if it is very lean from the factory.

You probably won't find a reflash for our bikes as the market is too small for anyone to
develop one...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »
I believe power commander was available for DT or XC so you can do with your fueling whatever you want.
You'll end up gaining so little power that taking a dump before a ride will make a bigger difference,
and you'll probably end up with an increase in fuel consumption of up to 30-50%.

It makes a very small difference on sportbikes, and is mostly used for tuning out the flat spots etc, not
for big power gains.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()