Author Topic: The windshield question  (Read 2310 times)

TXLIKE

• View Profile
The windshield question
« on: February 04, 2014, 01:50:38 AM »
I guess one of the first things we think about when we get a new scoot is whether or not we want a windshield. I've had one on my other bikes and want one on my Like too. I'm 5'6" and prefer to look over the windshield, but am having trouble finding dimensions. The Slipstream units plainly show theirs but Givi, and the Kymco's are a mystery. Can anyone give me some direction and sizes?
2012 Like 200i
Euless, TX

91cavgt

• View Profile
Re: The windshield question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:30:39 PM »
I guess one of the first things we think about when we get a new scoot is whether or not we want a windshield. I've had one on my other bikes and want one on my Like too. I'm 5'6" and prefer to look over the windshield, but am having trouble finding dimensions. The Slipstream units plainly show theirs but Givi, and the Kymco's are a mystery. Can anyone give me some direction and sizes?

Moxie included a windshield on my Like when I purchased it.  I have no idea which one it is, but I too am 5'6" and have no problems seeing over it when I ride.  I keep it on when riding in the fall, winter, and spring but remove it in the summer because it blocks too much wind and I get over heated in the summer with it in place. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

claynine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
I put a GIVI on my Like.  You have to cut it down because they can't take the stress of the speed of these scoots stock.  It sounds like you would want to cut yours down about 5 inches so that would be good for the stress issue.  They cut easy with a side grinder.  If you go with a GIVI you will have to trim around the headlight too.  Here is a photo of mine.  I cut it down 2 inches.  It may still be a little tall but I like the windshield to shield the wind and the noise.  The GIVIs are really good at that.

cochi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 12:28:38 AM »
Hi TXLike, I just picked up the Kymco windshield for the Like. The measurements are as follows: Height 13.5 inches, measured from the center top to the middle of the cutout for the headlight; Width at the bottom is 14.25 inches and it tapers to about 11 inches at the top. There also a small laminar lip at the top. It's nicely made and it looks sturdy. I haven't mounted it yet, so I don't know how well it performes. I also don't know if Kymco has any other sizes made specifically for the Like. Hope this helps. cochi :)   

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 01:58:54 AM »
No, the FIRST question a new LIKE owner asks is, "Where's the closest Tim Horton's?"
You want a windsheild ? - buy a Buick!
Did Steve McQueen have a windsheild when he was yumping (no, I didn't misspell that) fences in Austria with Julie Andrews?!
Did the Stig have a windsheild when he went ice-fishing on his LIKE?!
Did Arnie Klester ( a friend of mine) have a windsheild when he went through that herd of squirrels?!
OK, then.
As my 13 yr old daughter says to me all the time: "Man up!"
Ride her the way Mr. and Mrs. Kymco baked her in their little shop out there in Thailand!
So, OK then.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

claynine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 03:09:27 AM »
I purchased the Kymco windshield when I bought the Like.  They sent it later and I installed it.  It was very disappointing.  It buffeted real bad, it was very noisy and the only thing it, maybe, would shield was bugs and such.  I sold it on Ebay for 50 bucks and felt bad about that.  Having no windshield is better than that one.  I think it was kinda roundish...Like a paper plate...maybe they designed a better one...

wan72

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:07:39 AM »
I just ordered a One from Germany, the ones they sell here in Australia are not that nice. I can't wait till it arrives.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Wanda.....
Gold Coast, Australia

wan72

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 10:09:31 AM »
Wanda.....
Gold Coast, Australia

TXLIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 11:57:29 PM »
I ended up buying the Scoot 66. It's 13.5" from highest point over the headlight to the top of the windshield, 19" wide. Perfect for vertically challenged people like me!
2012 Like 200i
Euless, TX

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()