Author Topic: Dr pulley hit clutch for dt 300i  (Read 4030 times)

sklnzl

• View Profile
Dr pulley hit clutch for dt 300i
« on: February 06, 2014, 05:48:50 AM »
Hi there ,has anyone tried the dr pulley hit clutch in their dt 300 , and are there performance enhancements ? if yes please what model of hit clutch should i buy as i would need some upgrades as soon as the warranty expires . ::)

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Re: Dr pulley hit clutch for dt 300i
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:12:43 PM »
Pardon my ignorance but, what is a hit clutch?.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

sklnzl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 05:37:38 PM »
The hit clutch from Dr pulley is their  ' hi thrust ' aftermarket clutch  ,it is supposed to provide 30 % more grip for exceptional "take off ",but nowhere i have received feedback from dt 300 users  ,as this would be a justified upgrade.Also some say it increases hill climbing speed .but i want to hear from genuine users.

boo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:12:06 PM »
The hit clutch from Dr pulley is their  ' hi thrust ' aftermarket clutch  ,it is supposed to provide 30 % more grip for exceptional "take off ",but nowhere i have received feedback from dt 300 users  ,as this would be a justified upgrade.Also some say it increases hill climbing speed .but i want to hear from genuine users.

Are the mechanics totally different in a "hit clutch", or is it just a stronger set of clutch springs.
If the latter, then you can buy different strength springs and experiment.
300GTI black

sklnzl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »
According to them the initial bite of the clutch to the drum bell can be configured following each individual's need and 3 seperate set of springs are provided for that , it gets interesting when the clutch is engaged by a second set of springs that is built in ,named as pillow ,which according to them give additional grip to the clutch ,ie 2 sets of 3 spings work one after the other.This is what is said in theory ,but i would like to here from someone who is using the hit clutch in their dt300.

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »
not a high performance scooter.why change it up stock works well i have friends who have installed hit clutches on there Burgmans and went back saying i'll never do that again take care of what you got ,belt rollers now n then i can ride next to you with a hit clutch and my scooter will perform just as good without it

boo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 12:30:27 AM »
According to them the initial bite of the clutch to the drum bell can be configured following each individual's need and 3 seperate set of springs are provided for that , it gets interesting when the clutch is engaged by a second set of springs that is built in ,named as pillow ,which according to them give additional grip to the clutch ,ie 2 sets of 3 spings work one after the other.This is what is said in theory ,but i would like to here from someone who is using the hit clutch in their dt300.

After seeing your post on hit clutches, I have read about them and have a better understanding of what they are and how they work.
300GTI black

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 08:09:06 AM »
I don't wanna open a new topic.

I changed my belt to a Malossi belt. I drove 600km since then, so I think now it is fitting properly..
But I noticed, my start RPM is raised acc. 1000 (to 3500), and become a little "soft"(there is a little shaking too). By default my start was very strong, sudden, and from low RPM (acc 2000).

Any tips?? My firt idea was the clutch springs. I have my 16000km in my clutch, so a spring change is actual...

I got Malossi spring set. Does anybody knows, which colour equal to the kymco factory spring? AFAIK the yellow spring gives the lowest starting rpm...

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

sklnzl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »
Hi there , I would recommend you "experiment" on the lowest rpm spring first and move upwards to the next higher rpm spring until you've got the one that suit your driving style ,for me the 1000 rpm would be great as the downtown has a fairly powerful engine and has no problem with the stock springs.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »
Hi there ,has anyone tried the dr pulley hit clutch in their dt 300 , and are there performance enhancements ? if yes please what model of hit clutch should i buy as i would need some upgrades as soon as the warranty expires . ::)

Those clutches are better than OEM ONLY if you ride aggressively, and perhaps raised your RPM a few hundred across the board. (ie lighter rollers). You will feel the clutch much more, and have better 0-60 speed. Just by itself it may disappoint you.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
I don't wanna open a new topic.

I changed my belt to a Malossi belt. I drove 600km since then, so I think now it is fitting properly..
But I noticed, my start RPM is raised acc. 1000 (to 3500), and become a little "soft"(there is a little shaking too). By default my start was very strong, sudden, and from low RPM (acc 2000).

Any tips?? My firt idea was the clutch springs. I have my 16000km in my clutch, so a spring change is actual...

I got Malossi spring set. Does anybody knows, which colour equal to the kymco factory spring? AFAIK the yellow spring gives the lowest starting rpm...

You really should start a new thread. Yours has nothing to do w/ Hit clutches.

Two quick observations... If the Malossi belt is longer by just a few mm it will slip, and need higher RPM to begin rolling. Are the Malossi springs you bought made for the OEM clutch? Or for a Malossi clutch?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()