Author Topic: Changing the rollers on my Like 200i  (Read 1017 times)

wan72

• View Profile
Changing the rollers on my Like 200i
« on: February 09, 2014, 07:53:13 AM »
I heard a guy talking about how he changed the rollers on his scooter and how it gives his scooter a quicker off the start at traffic lights etc.....
Can anyone tell me if you have done this to your scoot and what the pro' sand cons are for doing this.

Cheers
Wanda.....
Gold Coast, Australia

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the rollers on my Like 200i
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 05:07:52 PM »
       I'm not sure about your Like, but I put 1gr lighter rollers in my People 150. It gave me better acceleration with no problems. I now have a GTI300. I went 1gr lighter in this also, but used Dr Pulley sliders instead of rollers. I'm VERY happy with the results. It definitely accelerates better which is what I wanted. I would recommend weighing your stock rollers and trying 1 gr lighter ones. I think Dr Pulley sliders are a better option, but they cost a little more. Either way it a fairly easy and inexpensive mod, and I think you would be happy with the results. Some folks say that going lighter may drop your top speed slightly. I did not notice that on either of my scoots.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:09:30 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i AB

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 06:33:14 PM »
wan72 - Welcome to the forum! You may want to check my post, Rollers vs Sliders? of Jan 28 in the Technical section. The threads that were posted have lots of good advice. I'm thinking of doing the same thing you are and would appreciate your feed back. Scooter safe (and warm).
Peace and Ride Safe
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

wan72

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:52:19 PM »
Thank for the information, I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of losing anything off my top speed. I do a short run on the highway to get to and from work about 5 klms or approx 3 miles. It might only be short but I think I still need that top speed for it.

I will check out the thread and mull it over a bit more :)

Cheers again for the info.

Stay safe.
Wanda.....
Gold Coast, Australia

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »
Thank for the information, I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of losing anything off my top speed. I do a short run on the highway to get to and from work about 5 klms or approx 3 miles. It might only be short but I think I still need that top speed for it.

I will check out the thread and mull it over a bit more :)

Cheers again for the info.

Stay safe.

I installed a set of 12.5 gram rollers in my Like 200i and it actually increased the top speed slightly as well as slightly quickened acceleration. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »
My unmodified LIKE will launch me away from surrounding autos with amazing gusto at stop lights....and we're talking 1/4 ton of Stig/Scooter on those 163cc's! I'm not having a race with them - this scoot just jumps away with little prodding on my part.
I am thinking about installing some Dr Pulley slider CVT weights because I've heard that they somehow give a smoother operation of the scoot. I do not feel the need for more accelleration - but if something is a simple install and will give improved riding pleasure, then I'm game.
With this mind-set, I installed an NGK iridium spark plug early in my scoot's life. Cost $7 , easy installation and provided a slight increase in idle speed but a noticeably smoother idle at stop lights.
I'm pretty conservative about any modifications of my scoot - hence 'better' is what I'm after, not faster.
Staring at another 3" of snow.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()