Author Topic: Fuel / Gas Consumption  (Read 3217 times)

wan72

• View Profile
Fuel / Gas Consumption
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:38 AM »
Ok, so I bought my new Like 200i 2 weeks ago now and I have managed to clock up 560 klm or 347 miles ( thereabouts ) so I'm still breaking it in.

So far, the best I have got out of a tank of gas is 160 klm or 100 miles, please tell me that this will improve or is this the standard sort of mileage I can expect.

Cheers in advance everyone.

Wanda
Wanda.....
Gold Coast, Australia

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel / Gas Consumption
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:47:36 PM »
         I believe it will definitely improve with more mileage. You're not broke in at 350 miles. Get 1000 miles, change to a full synthetic oil, and make sure you're tire pressure is correct, and you'll do better.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i AB

wan72

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »
Thanks mrmike, I'm very happy to hear it.  ;D
Wanda.....
Gold Coast, Australia

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:39:18 PM »
Well part of the problem is you only have a 1.8 gallon tank.

Probably 0.5 gallons are left inside to cool the fuel pump
so your left with 1.3 gallons per tank. That's 77 MPG it
could be a little better. Will get better when you pass
2000 miles or so.

I bought a Yager for the 3 gallon tank and average around
80 MPG so usually put in 2 gallons every 160 miles. The bigger
tank is much better in my opinion...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:13:02 PM »
In warm weather I'm averaging around 80MPG.
This winter it is around 67 MPG
I don't track it by the tank.
I carry pen and flash light and record odometer readings on the pump receipt - then compute when I'm over at Tim's House (you have Tim Horton's shops down there?)
I always hit the BP station before sunrise to fill up (to the 'bar' down there) so the flash light is an essential aide.
Nobody about to hurry me - Always use the same hand, and come in from the same side - so I don't spill or overfill.
Tire pressure is also essential for proper grip and decent handling (& comfort) - along with correct (for your bum !) shock setting.
Ride safe young lady!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 11:45:54 PM »
I have noticed that my mileage varies a lot depending on how hard I push it. 

The best tank of fuel so far has been right at 73 mpg.  On this tank, I rode VERY conservatively, kept the speed under 45 mph the entire time, and only went wide open throttle a couple of times when accelerating. 

The worst tank I have seen was 48 mpg.  This was cruising on the highway at full throttle the entire time with a suit case strapped to the passenger seat which stuck out in the wind slightly on both sides, and a cooler strapped to the top of the suit case. 

I found that when the fuel gauge shows half a tank, that is when 1 gallon of gas has been used.  The most fuel I have ever put in the tank was 1.7 gallons, and the fuel gauge was below the E.  I typically fill up though when the needle gets into the red and it typically takes 1.2 to 1.4 gallons to fill it up. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 04:15:24 AM »
I'm getting 85mpg
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

Momma bear

• View Profile
Fuel / Gas Consumption
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »
First off congrats on your new like. " Good on ya mate!" For choosing such a great scoot. I'm sure you'll turn a lot of heads. When I had mine it averaged 70mph and that was with varied driving. Enjoy your ride.
Ride safe
People300i

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 05:46:18 AM »
For the first 4,000 miles I was averaging around 80 miles per gallon or about 130 miles before I would fill tank. The last 2,000 miles my average has dropped to about 78 miles per gallon. I'm thinking it is due to a change in my riding habits where a seek out faster roads with limits at 45 or above.

wan72

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 10:37:13 AM »
I changed tactics this week and kept to the back roads and have not opened up the throttle to full all week, as a result I managed to get 124 miles out of a tank.

It goes in for it's first service soon and I am getting them to change the oil to a synthetic.

Wanda.....
Gold Coast, Australia

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »
I changed tactics this week and kept to the back roads and have not opened up the throttle to full all week, as a result I managed to get 124 miles out of a tank.

It goes in for it's first service soon and I am getting them to change the oil to a synthetic.

I waited till my Like had 1000 miles on it before changing to synthetic.  If you change over to synthetic too early then the rings won't have time to get fully seated and worn in so you'd up up with a motor that burns a little oil. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 05:09:59 AM »
Isn't the oil that is shipped inside the Like already synthetic?
From the Great Nation called Texas. Oops I mean the Great State called Texas

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 04:22:24 PM »
Isn't the oil that is shipped inside the Like already synthetic?
I sure don't think so!
The owner's manual does not specify synthetic - and, these LIKE's are coming from China, not Taiwan - although KYMCO is monitoring the build. Most of us get that delivery oil out within 20 mins of getting it home! It's the blood of the scooter - let's get something of a known quality in there! Changing the oil on this scooter requires nothing more than a cereal bowl, a napkin and a pair of pliers and a quart of good oil. (you can gather special things  to do an oil change - but you could do it with the things listed)
Some scooters come with, and require synthetic.....(Apprilia, Vespa, etc.)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()