Author Topic: UPDATE : lowering my People S 250  (Read 1887 times)

kenb6656

• View Profile
UPDATE : lowering my People S 250
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:48:51 AM »
I have a '07 People S 250, that my wife wants to start riding, but she can't reach the ground well enough for her. How can I lower it maybe 2"? I bought myself a '10 Xciting 500R recently and she wants to go riding with me. I had thought about having some thickness taken off the front portion of the seat. Then the local dealer (Temple City Powersports) sugguested new springs on the rear shocks, and moving the triple tree/ shocks up a bit higher. But now I hear about ride ability issues from lowering the scooter, and kick stand issues, and center stand issues. Any ideas? or suggestions? ???
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:15:26 PM by kenb6656 »
'07 Kymco People S 250
'08 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
'10 Kymco Xciting 500Ri ABS

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: lowering my People S 250
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:36:18 AM »
Try lowering the seat first.. that just might work...  In lowering the rear arm, you can get shorter shocks but you will have side stand issues which is easy to fix, center stand is not a problem.  The only problem is when going over a hump or a rock that might easily scrape the belly... Another is a stiffer ride because of the shorter shocks...

My best suggestion is a custom seat...

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 09:49:24 AM »
Also get her some thick sole shoes, really thick. Seen some with an inch sole on the them.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

josephthediviner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:10:17 AM »
Air suspension system. Pricey but works well, ()  Personally I would love a scooter set us like this.

kenb6656

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 03:14:34 PM »
Update to my lowering situation.
After many months of pondering the issue, a couple of days ago I took the bull by the horns. I removed the seat took off the cover and the foam (all one piece) by removing the many staples holding it together. Then I used a heat gun and a piece of 2x4 and heated up the plastic seat base at the front where the big hump is, and flattened out the hump a bit. I also heated the sides of the front hump and narrowed it a little bit. Re-stapled the cover back on , and reinstalled the seat. When looking at the bike you can not tell anything has been done to it. But when you sit on it you really can tell the difference. The flattening out of the hump allows the seat foam to compress more at the front. My wife took the People S250 around the block, this is her first time riding it as she finally felt she could come close enough to flat footing it. I thought that my procedure might have stopped me from being able to put a helmet in the under seat storage but the helmet still fits. All you see from the inside is the top of the hump is flattened in a little. The whole thing was completed in under an hour and a half, including going to Home Depot to buy a new staple gun.  :)
'07 Kymco People S 250
'08 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
'10 Kymco Xciting 500Ri ABS

TLRam1

• View Profile
Re: UPDATE : lowering my People S 250
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55:35 AM »
Do you have photos?
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)