Author Topic: Valve Timing  (Read 4419 times)

TuttoCambia

• View Profile
Valve Timing
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:05:39 PM »
Is there a way to set the timing for the valves and piston. Like markings on the gear, chain..etc.
I installed a 70cc piston and cylinder kit and I couldnt get my scooter started cause the timing was off...I changed it a lil..got the scooter started..but i wanna make sure the timing is 100% correct.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Valve Timing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »
Is there a way to set the timing for the valves and piston. Like markings on the gear, chain..etc.
I installed a 70cc piston and cylinder kit and I couldnt get my scooter started cause the timing was off...I changed it a lil..got the scooter started..but i wanna make sure the timing is 100% correct.

Tutto, do you have a copy of the Agility 50 Service Manual?

..I think it's explained in there, and that manual is pretty awesome...

..there is a link to it posted on this board..a few topics down..

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

TuttoCambia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 03:09:45 AM »
yeah I checked that already..couldnt find anything on how to set the timing.

thanks though

TuttoCambia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 05:23:40 AM »
I figured out what position the cam should be in but it doesnt say what position the piston should be when you install the timing chain on the cam gear. Theres a picture of the piston completely extended after they removed the head so im just gonna assume thats where it should be when you attach the cam gear to the timing chain.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
..hmm..never been that far into an engine...

..I'll have to hand you off to someone with more experience..

;D

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
There should be a a little piece of metal protruding from the metal casing or whatever its called around the fan, when you look straight at it its at about 8 o clock I believe. Line that little metal pointer thing up with the line marked T on your fan, then when you put your cam on look at the 3 hols in it there should be 2 small ones with line next to them and 1 larger one between the smaller holes. When you put the camshaft on make sure those two smaller ones line up with those little lines directly across from each other and parallel with the top of the cylinder head and the larger one directly at the top.  There is something in the manual I found online at eserviceinfo.com under section 3. I hope you can understand my directions I know there are pretty sloppy but maybe someone else can elaborate.

Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()