Author Topic: 2 storke or 4 stroke  (Read 2560 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: 2 stroke or 4 stroke
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 01:52:09 AM »
Ive noticed 4t and 2t kymcos last just as long as each other as long as youre leaving it all stock. I have 23 k kilometers on one kymco zx50, Ive put 21k of them myself. Ive seen a lot of people replacing their 4t top ends after a blow out on here pretty often, same goes for 2t I know.
Gas mileage wise a 4t can get you better gas mileage but unfortunately it will also take you 25% longer to get to where youre going if you dont get ran down by moving traffic.
To me, Its the difference of buying a turbo charged car and a non turbo. With a turbo car (2t) you already have everything there to make it go fast just have to tune all the parts to your liking, with a 4t you have to change a lot to get even a fraction of the performance of the turbo car. I can do a cylinder swap safely and effectively in a hour on a 2t and 2 hours on a 4t, granted a I have a little bit of experience, 4t have a lot more moving parts than a 2t so theres a lot more to make sure isnt wrong.
Also theres a lot of back woods hill billys who have built some serious 2 strokes, if someone who cant read or write properly can build it then I have faith that most people can. And it always amazes me when people make 2t out to be a complicated machine when theres only 3 moving parts that make up the internals of a 2t engine.
You can do it blue!

..>>!!woop-woop!!<<..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: 2 storke or 4 stroke
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 01:56:49 AM »
How does the 2 stroke do on long rides.I have been told sometimes 2 storkes need a cool down with long rides. with a 4 you can ride with out cool down. is this true.

..I ride my lc 17 miles one way, every day...

..friend of mine rides his s9ac 44 miles round trip every day...

..rain or shine...

..Josh has a ppl that is positively ancient!!....he rides nearly daily...or did!   ;) 

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()