Author Topic: Agility 50 as motorcycle  (Read 2623 times)

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
Agility 50 as motorcycle
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
Hello there, guys.

Are there any country (european preferrably) where the Agility 50 is approved to drive unrestricted?

Or have you heard of anyone who has legally gotten their Agility registered as a motorcycle somewere?
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 50 as motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:01:20 AM »
..doubt it...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:09:48 AM »
In my country (Philippines) All are registered as motorcycles, from 50cc up to 1000+cc and the word "restricted" is not in our vocabulary...  ;D ;D ;D wooooooooop!!!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:18:06 AM »
..well yeah, there's that...

;D

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:49 AM »
In my country (Philippines) All are registered as motorcycles, from 50cc up to 1000+cc and the word "restricted" is not in our vocabulary...  ;D ;D ;D wooooooooop!!!!!

Great! :D

Do the importer of Kymco have a website that you can link to? :)

The reason is of course that i want my scooter registered as a motorcycle so i can drive unrestricted, but to get the approval, i need documentation for that it can withstand the normal use as a motorcycle and that the brakes are good enough and it is only the manufacturer or an importer that can give me the thumbs up on that if i do not want to get expensive tests in northern germany. :)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »

Yes, I understand but the problem is that Kymco does not import 50cc's here...only Honda and Yamaha but they already stopped....Aprilia still sell 50cc's.... Agilities here start at 125 cc, Super 8 125cc, Like 125cc... So, how can the importer give a thumbs up with a non-existing model.?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:42:57 AM by Vivo »

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 06:12:16 PM »
Yes, I understand but the problem is that Kymco does not import 50cc's here...only Honda and Yamaha but they already stopped....Aprilia still sell 50cc's.... Agilities here start at 125 cc, Super 8 125cc, Like 125cc... So, how can the importer give a thumbs up with a non-existing model.?

Damn. :/

The only other country that i've found is australia, where all kymcos are approved to ride as a motorcycle, but the kymco website there does not have an e-mail and the contact page only shows me the dealers.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »
Hello there, guys.

Are there any country (european preferrably) where the Agility 50 is approved to drive unrestricted?

Or have you heard of anyone who has legally gotten their Agility registered as a motorcycle somewere?

No need to worry about that here I got my scooter restriced to go 45 or better. Dont under stand why you would want a 50 cc as a motorcyle its beeter to leave as is because then its up to you to have insurance on it or not............... after restricted the only the cops will find out is if they clock you going over 35 or better. I have been rideing for years and that has never happen yet.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 10:45:07 PM »
No need to worry about that here I got my scooter restriced to go 45 or better. Dont under stand why you would want a 50 cc as a motorcyle its beeter to leave as is because then its up to you to have insurance on it or not............... after restricted the only the cops will find out is if they clock you going over 35 or better. I have been rideing for years and that has never happen yet.

Here in Denmark, the rules re really strict and the police have razzias against tuned or derestricted scooters where they use transportable dynos to test for top speed. I hit one of them a year back and it gave me a $200 fine and a trial period of 3 years, in which, if i drive unrestricted again, i will loose my drivers license for both car, scooter and mc and they will confiscate my scooter for good. To get caught again will cost me close to $5500 total and suspend me from driving anything other than a bicycle for a couple of years, so i'd rather get legal at this point, when i've put so much money into the scooter and licenses.
What attracts me is going 50+ km/l (which i am doing resricted with EFI) and also driving on the road, where it is safe to go as fast as the cars go. Driving on two wheels is alot more fun than in a car and it will also be alot cheaper than owning a car and i will not need to worry about parking space when i move to the city. :)

The current speed limit for me is 30 km/h which is around 19 mph and with my mc license i will only be allowed to drive a 125cc for the first two years anyway, so i would rather get my agility registered as a motorcycle so i can drive unrestricted and only have to have a "standart" scooter the one time per year, when it is called in for a check. :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 11:52:28 PM »
The current speed limit for me is 30 km/h which is around 19 mph and with my mc license

..here in the States, if you're only doing 19mph on a 50cc scooter, you're likely to be run down from behind...

:o

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »
The current speed limit for me is 30 km/h which is around 19 mph and with my mc license

..here in the States, if you're only doing 19mph on a 50cc scooter, you're likely to be run down from behind...

:o

Yeah, but as far as i've understood, we have also got more drivers education for cars than in some states. The minimum legal education is 28x45 minutes theory, 4 hours at a closed training facility before you get to get the minimum 16 driving lessons on a road with a teacher who has also got throttle, clutch and break pedals. Besides from that there are 4 hours at a driving technique facility, where we train dodging, breaking and loosing traction at high speeds. Because of this, the automotive drivers license costs minimum $1900 + $600 for extra expenses and you will loose this drivers license pretty easily if you hit a scooter or make him crash. ;)

Here, there are two categories of scooters. 19 mph, where the confiscation and strickt penalties start when the scooter can hit 26 mph on a dyno. Unfortunately, the dynos tend to sometimes show too much and noone has yet gotten their restricted scooter back or gotten a second reading after having shown over 26 mph on the dyno. This category of scooter has to be driven on the bicycle lane along with the bikes who listen to music while driving and lacks stability and safety equipment like mirrors and stuff, making it very dangerous to drive alongside them on a 1,5m wide lane.
The second category is the EU45 scooter that can drive 45 km/h, which is 28 mph. The penalties here for being able to drive over the speed limit on a dyno are much more strickt than the slower scooter. The strict penalties start when the scooter can hit around 37 mph on a dyno and this category is required to drive on the road with the cars and has the same requirements (besides emission) as a motorcycle.

The wierd thing is that most EU45 scooters are identical with the slower scooter besides the width of the CVT restriction and that some (Agility 50 example) are almost identical with the 125cc models which can drive around 62 mph legally. The agility 50 and 125 has identical wheels and front brake and the rear brake is almost the same, so i feel a little rediculous having to be restricted that low when the 19 mph scooter has the same safety components as the 62 mph 125cc model.

All i need is some Kymco official to recognise that the agility 50 could be a motorcycle within EU and then i can get the emission tests in northern germany. As soon as someone inside EU has gotten the thumbs-up, the documentation can be spread and anyone inside EU can get their agility 50 approved as a motorcycle. ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 11:47:03 PM »
..I can't imagine the idea of having to subject a scoot to a dyno test, just to get out of a penalty..

..Damn I'm glad I was born in the States!!

8)

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »
Kymco will not discuss mods or certification, so you're on your own.  You can mod a 50cc 4T Kymco with qmb139 parts, good for 75km/hr, but expect no help from Kymco.  Fortunately, I live in Canada where nobody cares how fast your scooter goes!  I'd like to get to 90km/hr on my modded 50cc Kymco, but it takes a fair amount of research, and more than a few mistakes :-)  PS: I'm really glad I don't live in Europe!

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 12:15:29 AM »
The dynos used by the police are for small motorcycles up to 80 hp and up to 255 km/h, but are rigged with a display to only show speed up to 99 km/h.

Anyway, still no answer from Kymco although i only request information on their original unmodified brakes and framework, not mentioning that i want to do any other mods than driving unrestricted. Well, guess i'll have to write to them once more. :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()