Author Topic: Officially in the family now  (Read 4154 times)

Seal Sam

• View Profile
Re: Officially in the family now
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 04:10:56 AM »

home sweet home, getting used to some of the family....

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 02:12:31 PM »
Can we get one with that pretty BMW in front? (year, miles, any issues?)
Thanks for the pix!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Seal Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 04:37:28 AM »
Can we get one with that pretty BMW in front? (year, miles, any issues?)
Thanks for the pix!
Stig

You bet Stig,

The bike is a '78 R100S(but it does not have the 'S' fairing on it).  I picked it up 3 years ago, running, but in very bad shape.  It was originally off white in color and it was a mess.  The wife looked at it and just shook her head, no faith.  About six months later it was all put back together and very ridable.  I did not want a show bike, I wanted a dependable rider.  I tossed, ok-handed gingerly, the wife a paint book and she picked the color.  It's Audi's paint color, go figure.

This bike gets ridden the least, and may be on c/l pretty soon, we'll see.  It has 36k mi., and I don't know it's history.  Compression numbers are good and strong, it purrs with no leaks!  It does spur alot of conversation, but my hips hurt when I get off it.

My other bike has been the travel bike which I picked up in '06 with 2k mi., now at about 40K.  My m.i.l. lives just outside Glacier Nat'l Park in MT, so it has made many trips up there, 2 up.

That's a new C17 in the back ground at the Long Beach airport, where they are built.

'04 RT outside of Zion NP

MtnGirl1

• Kymco 2013 Like200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 06:37:26 AM »
Hello Seal Sam,

Congrats to your wife on her new ride!  I too am a newbie and picked up my new Like200i this afternoon, with my MSC next week.  Living in Colorado, there are so many scenic byways that I can't wait to explore on two wheels.  We have a scooterist group here that I'm looking forward to getting to know.  I'll be sharing photos along the way!  Happy scootering to your wife!!!

Regards,
Debbie
Debbie
Grand Junction, CO

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »
OK, Sam! Party is over. You gotta come across with:

1. What is the brand of that windscreen on the spanky new Like?
                                      2. How much?
                                      3. Where does one get one of those?

This is "must have" info since my wife has a Like just like your wife. I have a windscreen on my DT300i and she wants one. Get it? You could save a life here, ya know.

Hey, everybody! Check out the CARPET in the parking area at Sam's. Talk about pampered horses!

Nice stable, Sam! Good pix of the BMW. Ah, Long Beach! Rode lots in that area even before the USN recognized motorcycles.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()