Author Topic: Valve Spring Compression  (Read 1072 times)

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Valve Spring Compression
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:48:25 AM »
does anyone here have any idea on how to compress valve springs to get those little sleeve things back on once I've taken the valves apart? I bought a valve compressor for car engines and I have tried shimming it and everything just keeps flying everywhere when I try to compress it. Is there a special one for motorcycles? And does anyone know where to find it?

Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: Valve Spring Compression
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 02:26:41 AM »
I figure there is, since when my scooter got rebuilt this summer, the mechanic had to take the valves to his other employer's shop to do that step. The scooter shop didn't have the right set up for it.

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »
Hi,
if you have a shem and puck style head the auto compressor will not work. the one i use at my shop is a valve spring compressor for motorcycles or atv's. i can get you one if you're interested, they run about $140. if you have anymore questions just let me know, i'll be glad to help. Mike

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 02:18:23 AM »
I appreciate the offer, $140 is a little steep for one time use for me though. I got it handled with one for a car just had to shim it with a hunk of wood.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()