Author Topic: 80cc bore kit any good?  (Read 1206 times)

The moped learner

• View Profile
80cc bore kit any good?
« on: March 15, 2014, 04:41:45 AM »
I was wanting to get a 80cc bore kit for my moped this is the link

http://m.ebay.com/itm/201036542552?nav=SEARCH

I was hoping it would help with cold starting is there anyone that put a bore kit on there kymco 50? Is there anything i should look out for, beware of anything? Thanks

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: 80cc bore kit any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »
Big bore kits unbalance the rotational dynamics and enhance bearing failure.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 02:50:15 AM »
Not worth it.for cold starting all you need is bigger jet and better air to gas mix

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 07:09:25 AM »
These kits (I got mine from ScrappyDog) are really awesome.  The starting & acceleration is really impressive, although the top speed doesn't change much.  I also added a performance CDI to increase max RPM, and a set of hi-speed gears to increase top speed.  The Kymco 50cc 4T SD10E seems to be a standard qmb139 engine, and every qmb139 part I've used fits exactly.  I now cruise easily at 9,000rpm at 45mph (70km/hr).  The only part needing some extra research are the reduction gears (one of the gear clusters is a Kymco piece, not a standard qmb139 piece.  But it's easy to sort out).  Another tip: the 80cc kit is a 60% increase in engine size, and the little battery struggled to twist the qmb139 starter.  I upgraded to a 7-series battery and it now starts like a pistol shot!  Other parts used: #90 carb jet; straight-thru sport muffler.  Removed intake restrictor grommet, but kept stock air filter & box.  Switched to 7gm variator weights, Honda Dio Keli variator with stock clutch.  It's really loud now - and really quick!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()