Author Topic: Important Question to you guy's  (Read 614 times)

cman59

• View Profile
Important Question to you guy's
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »
So I have a 2010 Xciting 250cc with 1,008 miles on it.

The previous owner just changed her oil, But I dont thnk he changed the tranny fluid. My question is... with the miles I have on her already... I hear I should changed the transmission fluid immediately?  And if so... could I do this myself?

Changing the motor oil was easy... but I didnt know how difficult it was to change the tranny fluid. I just want to take care of her and make sure she's running in top shape.

MaryK

• View Profile
Re: Important Question to you guy's
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
I would think that the transmission oil should be changed soon.  It is not a difficult task.
Your owners manual should tell you how, if not, then get a service manual.

scoot safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »
It's very easy to do if you have a 'ketchup' style squirt bottle that has a spout small enough to go into the fill hole. Get the proper gear oil needed, warm up the trans by running it on the center stand or riding it a while. Remove the bottom drain bolt and let it drain for maybe a half hour if you have the time, replace drain bolt and add the proper amount of gear oil, according to your manual and then bolt the fill hole up and you are ready to go.

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:06:18 PM »
Just remmber not to over tighen the bolds. That has happen a lot and then its hard to find a over size bold that will fit.I some times add a little silcon around the bolds for safty.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()