Author Topic: Pictures of your LIKEs please  (Read 10847 times)

oskuk

• View Profile
Re: Pictures of your LIKEs please
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 08:03:45 AM »
That is pretty cool!
Thanks for sharing this very unique view of our scooters!

Eh, forgot to say: turn off the volume, heli-sound not that nerve-relaxing...  ;-)

StevieLike

• I Like :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »
Hey there,

it's sunny outside and not a 200i, but this is my Like 50!

Enjoy :)
Stevie

Flowbee

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 02:21:44 AM »

Already met a girlfriend at work. She seems a little high maintenance though.

FIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 03:55:32 AM »
She's a bit of a fashion model.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »
Hi Like-ians,
ok, here is my first post and my very first picture of my babe from across the pond. Just arrived at the dealer from the main importer. (He uses it as an eye catcher in front of his shop now -  ;D) Papers aren´t here yet, so the scooter will stay "grounded" at least until tomorrow. Can´t await the first "flight"-kilometers.  ;)
I also very very luckily could get a pair of these cool italian crash bars from FA.CO. Srl. Italy from my dealer. They are unfortunately no longer available from FA.CO. Srl. Italy. Will be mounted asap the next days. The chromed rear Rack from FA.CO is still available and also ordered. Just in case that I want to go to vintage exhib. one day :D

But why is my babe so special? Because the LX 200i is normally not sold here in my Country (Austria), only the LX 125. I did a bit of bargainig with my dealer and the main importer to build one for me. Otherwise I would have bought and imported it from Italy directly by myself. I guess they took a white 200i and put all the chroomed and blue stuff from a LX 125.  :)

More and better pics to come in the next days and weeks.
Ciao,
Roberto
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »
Hi Like-ians,
ok, here is my first post and my very first picture of my babe from across the pond. Just arrived at the dealer from the main importer. (He uses it as an eye catcher in front of his shop now -  ;D) Papers aren´t here yet, so the scooter will stay "grounded" at least until tomorrow. Can´t await the first "flight"-kilometers.  ;)
I also very very luckily could get a pair of these cool italian crash bars from FA.CO. Srl. Italy from my dealer. They are unfortunately no longer available from FA.CO. Srl. Italy. Will be mounted asap the next days. The chromed rear Rack from FA.CO is still available and also ordered. Just in case that I want to go to vintage exhib. one day :D

But why is my babe so special? Because the LX 200i is normally not sold here in my Country (Austria), only the LX 125. I did a bit of bargainig with my dealer and the main importer to build one for me. Otherwise I would have bought and imported it from Italy directly by myself. I guess they took a white 200i and put all the chroomed and blue stuff from a LX 125.  :)

More and better pics to come in the next days and weeks.
Ciao,
Roberto
Hello Roberto,
Welcome to the group!
Very nice LIKE 200i.
Is the 125 fuel injected like the 163's?
Please do post up pictures of your scooter out n' about (oot n' aboot) in Vienna when you get the time..
I look forward to seeing your scooter with the Italian bars - which are a bit different than what is offered here in the States.
The only major things which I changed on my LIKE200i were the Kendas to > Michelin City Grips (for better rain riding since I must use my scooter every day to go to work) added the lighted top case for safety & rebuilt the seat for more comfortable long rides.
Love my scooter and I think you will, too!
Ride safe and keep in touch!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

NewbieScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »
Haven't had the time or money to fix my stolen battery/turn signal problem yet :(

I've seen a few black Likes and the two-tone blue here in San Francisco! I avoid the largest hills but otherwise I have to problems. Potholes are a bigger issue!

I changed the color with Plasti Dip. About a month after I bought the scoot it was knocked over in a strong windy. Luckily it was right next to the declining driveway of my neighbor so nothing broke but it did scratch the right-side panel so I decided to see about painting it. Since Plasti Dip is removable I can change the color pretty easily. One day I'm going to take off all the panels and do something more interesting though.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 11:42:58 PM »
Haven't had the time or money to fix my stolen battery/turn signal problem yet :(

I've seen a few black Likes and the two-tone blue here in San Francisco! I avoid the largest hills but otherwise I have to problems. Potholes are a bigger issue!

I changed the color with Plasti Dip. About a month after I bought the scoot it was knocked over in a strong windy. Luckily it was right next to the declining driveway of my neighbor so nothing broke but it did scratch the right-side panel so I decided to see about painting it. Since Plasti Dip is removable I can change the color pretty easily. One day I'm going to take off all the panels and do something more interesting though.
Hello Newbie,
Keep us posted on your scooter doings in that great city of yours (IMHO, I think San Francisco is THE most interesting city after NYC in the States)
This will date me, but I spent 1967 there....along with a whole lot of other teens from across the country!
Ride safe when you can....
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »
Hello Roberto,
Welcome to the group!
Very nice LIKE 200i.
Is the 125 fuel injected like the 163's?
Please do post up pictures of your scooter out n' about (oot n' aboot) in Vienna when you get the time..
I look forward to seeing your scooter with the Italian bars - which are a bit different than what is offered here in the States.
The only major things which I changed on my LIKE200i were the Kendas to > Michelin City Grips (for better rain riding since I must use my scooter every day to go to work) added the lighted top case for safety & rebuilt the seat for more comfortable long rides.
Love my scooter and I think you will, too!
Ride safe and keep in touch!
Stig

Mille Grazie!  :)
125´s have Carburators, from 163´s on injection.
I love this great little scooter. Even more than my former stronger bike. It´s so much fun to drive.  :) :) :)
Here my first pics of the first ride with it on friday afternoon.
By today I reachend my first 240kms.

Here4 a few more pics:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:05:20 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2014, 12:25:46 AM »
Mille Grazie!  :)
125´s have Carburators, from 163´s on injection.
I love this great little scooter. Even more than my former stronger bike. It´s so much fun to drive.  :) :) :)
Here my first pics of the first ride with it on friday afternoon.
By today I reachend my first 240kms.

Here4 a few more pics:

Great pictures Robo!
Pretty scenery and of course very handsome scooter!
Thanks for sharing - we look forward to seeing more of your scooter and your country-side!
Ride safe.
Regards, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

templar

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 05:15:13 AM »
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:17:18 AM by templar »

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 09:55:07 AM »
Hi templar,
nice Picture of your Scooter. I like the white wall tyres and the small windshield which fits perfectly well between the mirrors.
Can you pls tell me/us the brand/name/modell of the windshield and the tyres.
Because I am thinking about changing the tyres to white walls as well, and I am also interested in a small windshield that fits perfectly between the mirrors - like yours.

Thanks.  :)
Cheers,
Robo

templar

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:44 PM »
Bought the scoot used
Tires = Shinko SR723 (http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/sr-723)
Windshield - unknown brand :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:54:13 PM by templar »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2014, 11:13:59 PM »
Hi templar,
nice Picture of your Scooter. I like the white wall tyres and the small windshield which fits perfectly well between the mirrors.
Can you pls tell me/us the brand/name/modell of the windshield and the tyres.
Because I am thinking about changing the tyres to white walls as well, and I am also interested in a small windshield that fits perfectly between the mirrors - like yours.

Thanks.  :)
These Shinkos seem to be priced right at the price of the top performing and highly trusted Michelin brand scooter tires. (Continentals and Pirellis might be right there, too)
I'd do some hard research before putting myself & my scooter on any tire for the sake of "pretty"....see if your findings are that these Shinko tires are top performing tires with good wear and grip ratings, in the dry and the wet.
There might be a reason that most new Vespas (including the mega-$ 946) are leaving the showroom floor with Michelin City Grip tires on them, rather than Shinko white walls.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()