Author Topic: Engine not running right after rebuild  (Read 772 times)

50ccAgility

• View Profile
Engine not running right after rebuild
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:39:58 PM »
Hi folks, i previously fitted a new piston, head, valve springs and gaskets to my Agility City 50 engine. I got the bike started today and have good healthy compression and the engine is ticking over well. When on the stand it will rev nicely and the wheel turns well in comparrison to how much throttle im using. However, i spent a bit of time just going very slow and gentle to run the engine in. Now that i feel its ready to give full throttle, the bike wont pull away as well as it should. The engine is reving but the bike is struggling to go over a walking pace. iv got a feeling its a carb related problem. Does anyone have any comments on this or suggestions on how to do some adjustments to make the bike run the way it should? Its only pulling on the first inch of play in the throttle. Hills are a no go!
Look forward to seeing what ideas people have!

Cheers

blue

• View Profile
Re: Engine not running right after rebuild
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 11:47:14 PM »
Hi folks, i previously fitted a new piston, head, valve springs and gaskets to my Agility City 50 engine. I got the bike started today and have good healthy compression and the engine is ticking over well. When on the stand it will rev nicely and the wheel turns well in comparrison to how much throttle im using. However, i spent a bit of time just going very slow and gentle to run the engine in. Now that i feel its ready to give full throttle, the bike wont pull away as well as it should. The engine is reving but the bike is struggling to go over a walking pace. iv got a feeling its a carb related problem. Does anyone have any comments on this or suggestions on how to do some adjustments to make the bike run the way it should? Its only pulling on the first inch of play in the throttle. Hills are a no go!
Look forward to seeing what ideas people have!

Cheers

clean the carb. or get a new one. and check all the gas line going to and from the carb.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()