Author Topic: Super 8's for wkreps ?  (Read 3055 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: Super 8's for wkreps ?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 05:51:37 PM »
So after posting the pic above, I decided that painting and decaling was a little aggressive at this point so I've made a design based off the current paint that came on the scoot. The only thing I'll have to of is take off the "super 8" on both sides. Excuse the large pic but i really wanted you to see it with some detail.

Full size link HERE.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:58:15 PM by wkreps »
Wayne

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »
I like the look of the dark colored heat shields on the new exhaust. Now I'm thinking about getting some exhaust paint and doing a flat black finish on mine.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

loganhes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »
I like the look of the dark colored heat shields on the new exhaust. Now I'm thinking about getting some exhaust paint and doing a flat black finish on mine.

I did this on my 2011 Super 8 and it looks much better with the black exhaust shield compared to the chrome.

--Jim 
150cc Kymco Super 8

joebro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
I agree the black exhaust is amazing. I think the original looked a bit cheap. But thats just my 2 cents.
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »
Be selective about the black color you choose. Some of those flat 'charcoal grill paints' look nothing like a classy black scooter or motorcycle part.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 10:08:04 PM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 03:03:42 AM »
Yes, the VHT paint is awesome stuff. I've seen a couple people use it on their Harley pipes with no complaints.

And I agree about the grill paint. NEVER use BBQ grill paint on exhaust. Even if you cure the paint before use, it will produce smoke and fumes for a long time after application. It just isn't rated for high enough temps to work on an exhaust. 

It's always better to do it right the first time, and avoid the headache of covering up a bad decision.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()