Author Topic: April 6, 2014 Ride  (Read 1666 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
April 6, 2014 Ride
« on: April 06, 2014, 07:00:18 PM »
Cloudy today and because of that , it felt a little colder. Longest ride to date. 38 miles (61KM).

Wayne

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
Re: April 6, 2014 Ride
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 02:17:02 AM »
Cool.  Keep it up.  :)
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:47:12 AM »
When it gets really warm I'm gonna make the 50 mile 1 way trip to my dealer. Seem to be missing some faring screws and we'll talk about that tail light wiring. Starting to look at apparel too (gloves and jacket).
Wayne

joebro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »
Hey wkreps thumbs up on the apparel! I noticed in your videos you wear a nice bright safety vest to.  ;)
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »
Hey wkreps thumbs up on the apparel! I noticed in your videos you wear a nice bright safety vest to.  ;)

Only been looking online for apparel so far but the choices are extremely wide along with the prices. I want to get armor in the jacket but it seems that there may be 2 kinds (soft foamtype and hard plastic). Is this correct?
Wayne

joebro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 02:22:17 AM »
Hmm good question i am not to sure wkreps, I just wear a heavy duty leather jacket.
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »
Only been looking online for apparel so far but the choices are extremely wide along with the prices. I want to get armor in the jacket but it seems that there may be 2 kinds (soft foamtype and hard plastic). Is this correct?
When I was purchasing an armored jacket I looked for the CE approved rating of the pads, hard with foam padding over it to spread the blow.....and HI VIZ color for day riding and with reflective strips for night riding.
I am a big advocate of HI VIZ colors - it may not look too cool, or match your bike or your helmet (get that in HI VIZ too!) - but car drivers will see you coming. Period. The more HI VIZ area on the jacket, the better I like it. Period.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »
When I was purchasing an armored jacket I looked for the CE approved rating of the pads, hard with foam padding over it to spread the blow.....and HI VIZ color for day riding and with reflective strips for night riding.
I am a big advocate of HI VIZ colors - it may not look too cool, or match your bike or your helmet (get that in HI VIZ too!) - but car drivers will see you coming. Period. The more HI VIZ area on the jacket, the better I like it. Period.
Gotta agree wholeheartedly with Stig - go HI VIZ. I have a First Gear jacket that is armored, hi viz and reflective. It's vented and also has a liner for cooler weather. I am able to use it all year long, and it definitely catches car drivers' attention, which is what you want.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »
Tourmaster Transitions 3
Got a jacket picked out, just have to find the best price. The Yamaha dealer had a price of $249.99 yet the manufacturer had a price of $209.99 and Amazon or Revzilla is even lower at $188.88. Guess where I'm getting it. Any ideas on where to get an even better bargain?

Wayne

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 11:57:16 AM »
Tourmaster Transitions 3
Got a jacket picked out, just have to find the best price. The Yamaha dealer had a price of $249.99 yet the manufacturer had a price of $209.99 and Amazon or Revzilla is even lower at $188.88. Guess where I'm getting it. Any ideas on where to get an even better bargain?

Nice jacket.  You will have to do a review of it.  I'm not in the market for a new jacket (yet) but when I am this is what I'm looking for.  I really don't care if I match my bike...I'm more worried about a cager "not seeing me."
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »
Getting hi vis will allow me to not worry about what color I paint my scoot. At some point it will be painted but not for a while. It still feels like it's a new scoot (which it is) but when someday it will get painted and then WHAM, all new again.  :)

After I got the scoot I started reading and hearing (from friends) all the motorcycle horror stories. I'm 47 and would like to make it to retirement. A hi vis jacket just might help me get there. I've never been one that cared too much about what other peoples opinions of me are so I could care less what the other driver thinks of my hi vis (unless the like it  ;D )
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()