Author Topic: 2012 Agility 50 won't idle  (Read 1680 times)

ecgage12

• View Profile
2012 Agility 50 won't idle
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:36:16 AM »
I left my moped in my basement over winter with a full tank of gas in it. So yesterday I got my scooter out of heated storage and was hopeful of riding it.  I did a oil change to it, syphoned out half of the gas and put new gas in, I put a ounce of sea foam cleaner in the gas tank and put the battery back in. I went to start it and it fired right up but died within 5-10 seconds.  I started it again and kept the engine going with the throttle but once I let up it would die immediately. This is my first winter with the bike and didn't put stabilizer in the gasoline before putting it in storage.  Another thing to note is once the bike dies, I have to wait a minute or two for the bike to start up again or else the engine won't start up.  Ive been able to ride it to the gas station and back which is about two hundred yards away from my house but right when I give up on the throttle it shuts down. What could be the problem and how much would it cost to fix it?

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Agility 50 won't idle
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:22 AM »
kept the engine going with the throttle but once I let up it would die immediately
The idle/low-speed fuel passageway may be obstructed.  Try rotating up the fuel bowl vent hose, inserting a plastic drinking straw, and puffing on it . . to help force the gas-seafoam mixture into that passageway.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()