Author Topic: Headlights just shut-off. What an adventure..  (Read 933 times)

torkymco

• View Profile
Headlights just shut-off. What an adventure..
« on: April 08, 2014, 06:34:16 PM »
 :( So I'm riding in the dark and switch to high- beam, then the headlights just shut off. I switch to low-beam, and still no lights. Since the scooter doesn't have hazard lights, I'm rode home (5 miles away) manually turning the left and right signal lights to be seen by other drivers.

To drivers, I must have looked suspicious and hazardous, so they call the police. Luckily, I made it home before an officer was dispatched. I saw them driving around looking for someone on a scooter that fit my description. I'm sure when they'll see me, they're going to pull me over. :-\

Nori

• View Profile
Re: Headlights just shut-off. What an adventure..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 05:17:33 PM »
yup having the same problem with my kymco s8 2007 since forever :P
there's a solution but not sure which version asia or us version
mine is eu version so no luck ...
also there is a tricky way for my scooter if you remove the battery headlights works well even on low beam or high.
the moment you connect the battery the problem continues ..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:46:23 AM »
Happened to me twice, I think... found out a poor contact of the switch... just sprayed some contact cleaner and all's fine...  also check the fuse...

pilipo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »
I too have issue with headlights going out. Started when one of the low beam filament's burned out. stopped bike, clicked on high beam, started bike, both high beams came on. Clicking onto low beam lights went out again. I ordered after market L.E.D. headlight bulbs. Now the Light Control Module (LCM) does not recognize the new low wattage L.E.D. headlight bulbs and they only come on on low setting at idle, get brighter as I increase throttle, then both go dead again till I back off throttle on both high and low beams. Using these newer L.E.D. bulbs which use only 20 watts total, is there a way to bypass the Light Control Module (LCM) so that I still have a battery to electrically start engine, have a brake light, tail light, horn when key is on and bike not running? The L.E.D headlight bulbs should nullify the need for the LCM. How to disconnect LCM and still have use of battery for the rest of the system to operate?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()