Author Topic: LIKE/Dr Pulley Report  (Read 1578 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
LIKE/Dr Pulley Report
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:17:45 PM »
I only did 15 miles (dinner time) .....but, my first impressions are that I really like the 14 gram Dr Pulleys over the 13 gram Dr Pulleys! (remember: our stock KYMCO roller weights are 14gm from the factory)
I am pretty sure it lowered my RPMs across the board.....while still accelerating nicely up a long steep hill....pulled briskly from a stop into an uphill turning onto a country highway.
I spent a lot of extra time , this time, cleaning the clutch bell - the clutch friction pads were cleaned several days ago but upon disassembly today I  saw some sticky gunk on these clutch faces, which was easily removed.
Perhaps some of the old gasket was loose enough to fall into the mechanicals. I'm not sure where that stuff came from - but with a VERY good scrubbing of the bell surface and another light sanding of the pads I now have a VERY smooth pull from low engine and ground speeds. Sure hope this lasts - because one of the main features of the Dr Pulleys is supposed to be the smoothness with which they operate. The 13 gram sliders were no smoother than my stock roller weights. The 13's gave me more engine noise, more RPM's and about the same acceleration.
Since I am an old guy who likes relaxed things, including my engine speeds - I decided to try one size heavier Dr Pulleys to get my RPMs closer to stock. Seems to have worked! Has my max speed changed?....I'll probably never know the answer to that unless Canada invades.
I don't do max anything.
Short answer: 14's pull good, pull smoothly....and lowered my RPM's. I like them better than the 13's.
I will ride some more and report again in a few days.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: LIKE/Dr Pulley Report
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:48:14 AM »
Cool. Thanks for your review. I hope you also get the same or better mpg.

raf1001001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »
Thanks for all your input Stig. New scooter rider here but have ridden motorcycle for over 45 years. Trying to learn all I can abut scoots now and particularly about the Like 200i.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 05:19:31 AM »
Welcome raf if you would like a good source of info try www.motorscooterguide.net it will help you a lot.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »
That gunk on the clutch assy comes from a slight bit of gear oil weeping past the seal, and a tiny bit of lube coming out of the torque driver cover where the pins are lubbed up.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()