Author Topic: [SOLVED...for now] 7 weeks down and still happy-(when it actually starts!)  (Read 3321 times)

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
Very cool. Your bike will last forever.
I can't figure why Kymco provides a fill level screw when the required level is much less. IMHO they should  move the screw lower. This is an issue across the board on all their bikes.

Yeah, I've seen that a normal GY6 just fills to the level of the fill hole. That seems so brilliantly simple. Not that it's THAT complicated to measure it out, but still! It kind of eliminates the overfill issue.

I'm wondering if there's a way to put some sort of in line filter in that breather line to stop the gear oil from getting in the airbox?!?!
Or, possibly a breather element sponge from an old style automobile air cleaner assembly, placed in the airbox?
HHHMMMMM?!
I might have to tinker on my days off!
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
I would route it straight out of the fairing, and block off the air box end. That line is trouble for everyone. Even the 50cc's have those blow by" lines crudding up the air filters, and actually creating MORE hydro-carbons.

I wish Axy were here to see this post!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Yeah, I've seen that a normal GY6 just fills to the level of the fill hole. That seems so brilliantly simple. Not that it's THAT complicated to measure it out, but still! It kind of eliminates the overfill issue.

I'm wondering if there's a way to put some sort of in line filter in that breather line to stop the gear oil from getting in the airbox?!?!
Or, possibly a breather element sponge from an old style automobile air cleaner assembly, placed in the airbox?
HHHMMMMM?!
I might have to tinker on my days off!
some day I'm going to fill until it comes out the hole....then drain it and see how much comes out - and compare to the correct fill amount.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Someone here did that a few years ago, and it was double or more than the Recc. amount.
I did it on my ZX, and just didn't think Kymco's amount was enough, and topped it off like I always do.

I guess I showed them who's smarter!!! ;D
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()