Author Topic: Front forks  (Read 1017 times)

Jesse D

• View Profile
Front forks
« on: April 12, 2014, 01:22:45 AM »
I have a Kymco bet & win 250cc. My question is do the front forks have an adjustment for a smoother ride? My ride is too stiff, no bounce. Thanks

de-dee

• View Profile
Re: Front forks
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »
   I seen on here that changing the oil inthe shock changes the ride,some one said tranny fluid was lighter rated at 12.5 you will have to see someone that knows ,.  motor cycle dealer ???

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 02:35:12 PM »
The best you can do is replace the factory fill fork oil with an aftermarket branded fork oil.

The factory fill are so low quality that they lack anti-fiction additives, plus they bubble up quite easily. Both of which is not desirable in a fork.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 03:42:20 PM »
check out amsoil fork oil they have a review on it

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 08:14:34 PM »
Well I've been inside my Yager's forks and the design definitely leaves much to be desired.

The compression and rebound are run through the same holes. Usually rebound is set to
counteract the spring and compression tries to account for different sized hits. With a standard
damper you get one size hit the fork works good at small or large take your pick. But with the
rebound controlled by the compression it's more complicated as too much and flow and the
rebound will be too fast.

I tried opening the damper holes 1mm and used some different oil but it didn't do much.
I made some new springs but needed a 17mm hex wrench to get the spring out so never
got those installed yet.

That being said you can try messing with the rear and see if you can find a good setting. I
did that with mine and am pretty happy with it most of the time!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 12:22:15 AM »
The forks and shocks on scooters are built to a very low budget. So we cannot expect much from them. But bouncing along when you hit a bump mid corner adds to the fun of a scooter.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »
The forks and shocks on scooters are built to a very low budget. So we cannot expect much from them. But bouncing along when you hit a bump mid corner adds to the fun of a scooter.
Mid corner fun huh. I call that A$$ pucker time.
Wayne

Jesse D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 08:21:33 PM »
Thanks for all that info. I adjusted the rear ones and it rides better. Thanks again.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()