Author Topic: Agility 125 Starting problem  (Read 4409 times)

dannythedog

• View Profile
Agility 125 Starting problem
« on: September 08, 2009, 10:10:44 PM »
i have an 07 Agility 125 with 13,000kms on it. Yesterday i was unable to start it using the electric start. I could start it using the kickstart. When i push the starter button, there's a clicking from the relay and that's about it. I checked the battery and it's fully charged. I took the starter out and it will turn very slowly for a few seconds when i push the starter button and then it just stops.  Any suggestions? thanks

dannythedog

• View Profile
Re: Agility 125 Starting problem
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 08:08:18 PM »
If anyone is interested, I had an auto electronics shop open up the starter and it was loaded with oil.  Apparently there's a leaking seal and it caused the starter to fill with oil. Unfortunately the repair shop wanted more to fix the starter than it costs for a new one.  I'm a bit disappointed that this happened with only 8,000 miles on it, I'll be letting Kymco know my thoughts.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:41:09 AM »
If anyone is interested, I had an auto electronics shop open up the starter and it was loaded with oil.  Apparently there's a leaking seal and it caused the starter to fill with oil. Unfortunately the repair shop wanted more to fix the starter than it costs for a new one.  I'm a bit disappointed that this happened with only 8,000 miles on it, I'll be letting Kymco know my thoughts.

I did not think this would be even possible. In fact, this is the first time I hear that starter can be filled up with oil!
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

dannythedog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
The starter slides into a gear that's involved with the oil pump.  My guess is that the seal that's suppose to keep the oil out of the starter's internals failed. If you have an interest i could email some photos of the oil soaked innards to you.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »
The starter slides into a gear that's involved with the oil pump.  My guess is that the seal that's suppose to keep the oil out of the starter's internals failed. If you have an interest i could email some photos of the oil soaked innards to you.

Hi, pls do, catzacid@yahoo.com. Thanks!
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()