Author Topic: Do you take any crap for riding a Scooter?  (Read 13639 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Do you take any crap for riding a Scooter?
« on: April 15, 2014, 12:19:52 AM »
Several guys at work drive Harley Davidson's and when I told them I was interested in a scooter, they had no idea what to think. I little jab here and there and then I played along and told them I'd put a sticker on it "Baby Harley". Then I thought better. Really though they've been pretty supportive that there is just another rider out there. Took at little ribbing today with the pic below. Believe me I hand out shovels full at times so getting it back is just part of having fun at work. I thought it was funny and it just shows the American perspective on scooters (of course not by everyone, we know that). Don't take it too serious cause the guy who sent it to me has offered to come over and ride with me and my Super 8 150 and him on his HD anytime I want.

Wayne

joebro

• View Profile
Re: Do you take any crap for riding a Scooter?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 03:38:14 AM »
Occasionally, but who cares! ;D I'm my on person I like scooters and I don't let others ruin it for me. Usually people are just kidding anyway and I have gotten compliments about mine before to so it all evens out I guess lol.
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 03:53:51 AM »
I like wind in my vagina. It keeps my mind off of killing Biker Fags.

You know the ones that wear a suit all week, and sporting new leathers on the weekend with a wife that well should have some wind in the Vj

What was your question??? 8)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:10:01 AM »
And whose bikes have sissy bars? huh?

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:24:15 AM »
Mind you, I bet i can out ride a HD on my scooter thru the twisties.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

phatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:19 AM »
ya their not all like that, a friend of mine has a harley and a scooter. he rides the scooter more often, he says its way more fun

the guys who give you a hard time are the ones who got a bike to prove to themselves they are a macho man (the village people were on to something)
Agility 50 w/72cc BBK, A9 cam, stock airbox and exhaust (both drilled out), remove air tube restriction, stock head, stock carb, 105 main jet, CDI cut, smooth variator boss, stock variator w/5g rollers

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »
Yeah, I get it all the time. My answer depends on who's asking..

My standard reply is "I'm only out to impress one person.. The guy holding the handlebars."

And for the Lifestyle Riders, the answer varies, depending on the situation, but usually they won't understand, so it's not worth the effort.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
personally,
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »
I have never given a rats ass what Harley riders think.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 01:37:41 PM »
I get a lot of respect because I ride rain or shin to work .they call me grazy but if dont let it bother you its no big deal

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
99% of the prejudice is towards Harley rider's by rider's of all other brands.

Don't get all offended and Macho because you suspect someone is amused when you ride your little scooter in to Dodge and tie up near the other mount's because it's probably all in your head. Most people I've met actually like all kinds of motorcycles and scoots. Some will never own a scooter and some of you will never own a Harley---so what!

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 03:42:37 PM »
99% of the prejudice is towards Harley rider's by rider's of all other brands.

Don't get all offended and Macho because you suspect someone is amused when you ride your little scooter in to Dodge and tie up near the other mount's because it's probably all in your head. Most people I've met actually like all kinds of motorcycles and scoots. Some will never own a scooter and some of you will never own a Harley---so what!

Sam:)

+1

Just ride!

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:02:31 PM »
All the "why don't you get a real motorcycle" comments i've ever received have come from people in cages. I usually respond with a "where's yours?", always catches them off guard. I always find it funny that they can question my ball size while they are behind 45 airbags and 10 feet of steel.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »
I really don't give a crap what anyone thinks of us. For me its about the joy of riding. I have two friends of mine who ride. They both have motorcycles and scooters. Both have told me that scooters are more fun to ride. One of my friends told me this story of this marine who wanted to race him on his little Honda SilverWing 600cc bike. Well guess what, my friend not only beat him, but smoked his ass too. This marine was so embarrassed in front of his friends. I know a few people in the other scooter club here in Vegas who ride. Their grown men, but they love riding their Vespas bikes. Does this make them any less of a man? No it does not. Us scooterists are just as much men as these motorcycle guys are. BTW thanks for a good laugh. This proves these guys have really big egos, but really tiny penises.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

cman59

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 05:12:44 PM »
I was one of those "Macho Men" who had owned a 150cdc scooter for a couple years and wanted to upgrade to a Cruiser. I did.. I bought a Suzuki Boulevard 800cc and I DID NOT like it. I hated the fact that I didn't have storage and I wasent about to spend 300-400 on nice leather saddle bags.

PLUS...

I DONT like driving my bikes on the hwy. I love driving them around town, so I had to shift a lot more on my boulevard and just decided to sell it and I broke even, Then I bought me a 250cc and I like it a lot. I have more storage and I don't have to shift. Im 6'4'' and It became exhausting.

joebro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 06:27:33 PM »
Its all about the rider and I nice one on the "where your motorcycle?" comeback, Ill have to use that lol.
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()