Author Topic: ANyone here from New Jersey?  (Read 3923 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
ANyone here from New Jersey?
« on: April 17, 2014, 03:41:14 AM »
I have been away from the forum for almost a year. I am SOOOOOO very happy to see so many of the old faces here, and I have to say it is really heart warming to see how passionate everyone is about just plain helping others make their day easier. I mean this sincerely. Kudos to KF management for their hands off approach as well as giving us all a place to congeal.
Also Nothing but love to all of you who have stuck it out, and helped thousands of riders keep on riding. You all have my complete respect.

Now... Speaking of respect, I haven't seen Axy here yet, and am wondering if he still posts. For whatever reason he is one of my favorite people in life. Always helpful, and kind to everyone. Except me. Go figure...

That brings up the title of the post... Anyone here from Jersey?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: ANyone here from New Jersey?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »
I have been away from the forum for almost a year. I am SOOOOOO very happy to see so many of the old faces here, and I have to say it is really heart warming to see how passionate everyone is about just plain helping others make their day easier. I mean this sincerely. Kudos to KF management for their hands off approach as well as giving us all a place to congeal.
Also Nothing but love to all of you who have stuck it out, and helped thousands of riders keep on riding. You all have my complete respect.

Now... Speaking of respect, I haven't seen Axy here yet, and am wondering if he still posts. For whatever reason he is one of my favorite people in life. Always helpful, and kind to everyone. Except me. Go figure...

That brings up the title of the post... Anyone here from Jersey?

I am, exit 98 (such a jersey answer)

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 05:21:19 PM »
Ahhhh! My Huckelberry...

It's an old joke. For several months I was messing about with New Jersey, and Axy taking the brunt of my aggression.
Going on about the BEST thing that ever came from Jersey was the sewage leaving Lodi, and the most attractive part was the MeadowLand body dump. Everything else was down hill from there.
This went on for awhile until I fessed up That I loved NJ (except the afore mentioned sites).
I just figured the title of the post would get a chuckle out of the fellas that remember that.

Truthfully tho to this day any time I ride to NY I roll the windows up when I get to Jersey. No offense
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »
Well then, I'll thank you to stay out of New Jersey if that's the way you feel.  It's obvious you've never seen any part of NJ other than Lodi and it's surrounding areas or you wouldn't say that.  >:(
Somerset County, New Jersey
DT300i

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »
Well then, I'll thank you to stay out of New Jersey if that's the way you feel.  It's obvious you've never seen any part of NJ other than Lodi and it's surrounding areas or you wouldn't say that.  >:(

So you picking on Lodi ........

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:15:45 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's a joke guys. Jersey is beautiful.  :-*

Unfortunately I lived in Yonkers, and the only parts of Jersey we could get too on bikes was the old mobster dumping ground, and Lodi.

Some here would never believe what an 8 year old could find "laying" around.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:19:25 PM by zombie »

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 01:49:48 PM »
So you picking on Lodi ........

Be Big,
AMAC

Well, maybe a little.   :)  That area is so congested that I've never chosen to spend much time there to see the nice areas.  And I meant no offense to anyone who lives there.  I suppose it's a matter of taste.  Some people like the more populated areas, and some don't.
DT300i

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »
Jersey is okay. I grew up in NYC by way of the Coney Island Brooklyn area. Yonkers is north of the city. I don't think there is a Yonkers New Jersey. I have been in Vegas for almost 21 years.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »
I'm not from Jersey, but my dad was. He was born there in 1930 and grew up in Hackensack.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »
Jersey is okay. I grew up in NYC by way of the Coney Island Brooklyn area. Yonkers is north of the city. I don't think there is a Yonkers New Jersey. I have been in Vegas for almost 21 years.

Yep! Yonkers borders the north side of the Bronx.

As kids (7-8-9 years old) we used to ride bikes across the GWB to the industrial/mash waste land that all the "big" guys called the "dump".
 2 things I can say here... There are places in this beautiful country of ours that no-one should ever go for ANY reason, and NEVER let your kids out of your site.

If you believe you are a product of your environment then you can understand how a grown man can go by the name Zombie! Some things never go away.

The rest of Jersey is ok (i guess)

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 09:38:18 PM »
Well, maybe a little.   :)  That area is so congested that I've never chosen to spend much time there to see the nice areas.  And I meant no offense to anyone who lives there.  I suppose it's a matter of taste.  Some people like the more populated areas, and some don't.

I'm just messing with ya.
Nice "side step"!

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:29 PM »
It's all good Big! 8)

Jersey must be my "Freud" kinda thing.

How about Poughkeepsie? Anybody ??? :-*

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 10:47:08 PM »
It's all good Big! 8)

Jersey must be my "Freud" kinda thing.

How about Poughkeepsie? Anybody ??? :-*

I suppose that's why I find myself defending NJ.  It's the whole country's Freud kinda thing.  :) 

My ancestors were from the Poughkeepsie and whole Dutchess County area since the 1790's.  I don't have anything bad to say about that area.  Maybe the city isn't so nice, the the surrounding area seems to be very nice.
DT300i

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 10:49:34 PM »
I suppose that's why I find myself defending NJ.  It's the whole country's Freud kinda thing.  :) 

My ancestors were from the Poughkeepsie and whole Dutchess County area since the 1790's.  I don't have anything bad to say about that area.  Maybe the city isn't so nice, the the surrounding area seems to be very nice.

Oh Hell no... I'm batting 1,000 here. ;D ;D ;D

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »
I have friends from there who tell me the CAWFEE is good  ;)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()