Author Topic: Exhaust came loose  (Read 10620 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: Exhaust came loose
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 03:04:00 AM »
You sure there was NOTHING in the jacket?

You keep a knocking' but you can't come in. :)
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 05:56:02 AM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
So I actually watched that whole video and well it's not as bad as I thought it would be but it just left me feeling that a Manson/Gaga wedding could be the entertainment highlight of 2014.
Wayne

pabfri5096

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 01:49:22 PM »
Same thing happened to my 2013 super 8 150. Took my dealer 2 wks to get parts and it was covered under the warranty.

245luigi

• Boston, MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »
Is it just me or does zombie want your jacket?  8)
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas Triops
Malossi Torque Driver

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 02:27:45 PM »
Is it just me or does zombie want your jacket?  8)

Maybe I should make a modeling video . . . . just to make him jealous.  :) ;) :o
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »
Waist up only PLEASE!
Gaga/ Manson=Incest They are mother, and daughter
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 02:46:53 AM »
Same thing happened to my 2013 super 8 150. Took my dealer 2 wks to get parts and it was covered under the warranty.
Same thing?!
Bolt fell out and muffler pipe snapped in two?
Wow.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 11:58:51 PM »
Parts are in and going in first thing Saturday (Apr 26) to get the new exhaust on.  An hour drive with the scoot in the back of the van and I'll be there when the doors open. ;D
Wayne

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 12:07:46 AM »
Parts are in and going in first thing Saturday (Apr 26) to get the new exhaust on.  An hour drive with the scoot in the back of the van and I'll be there when the doors open. ;D
That is quick service for ordering & receipt of parts. Good for you!
Your post has us all checking our hardware!
My dealer has 1st-come Sat morning services.
I was there in the dark with my Michelins, first by the door....and slowly got surrounded by very many very big bikes! My only time to hang with the big boys!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »
So I'm fresh back from the dealer and I'm not sure how to feel.

I get there before they open and he gets me in first thing. Notices right away the scoot has been dumped. Long story short on day 7 of ownership I was practicing in a parking lot and while making a U turn it just slipped out from under me. I thought at the time what the hell just happened. A few scuff marks including on on the exhaust heat shield. Well right away, the mechanic saw this and says, this has been dumped, it's probably not going to be covered under warranty. He's sure the stress of it going down caused the bolt failure and subsequent stress fracture of the pipe. I explained that it happened day 7 and I've rode 500 more miles without incident. Also it went from running fine to complete separation in a matter of 5 miles. Didn't matter to him, he'll have to show the bossman (his brother by the way, a family business). So they decided to replace it and show Kymco and see what they say. I told them that if Kymco didn't cover it I wanted to contact them to talk to them about it. So they started working on it and left me to the showroom (video coming by the way). While in the showroom I pointed out that all of the 2014 scoots have paint marks on the exhaust bolts but the 2013's didn't. Wonder if this has been an issue??? I'm not feeling to keen at this moment with this whole pseudo bait and switch thingy going on here. I wait for an hour and 15 minutes and he comes out. I start asking about items for the scoot, Shad box, temp and tach sensors, etc. He mentions that the heat shield is gray now instead of polished stainless steel and I could care less. So I tell him, if there's an issue with this and I end up having to    pay for this exhaust, I want the original back so I can weld it and use it for a backup. Mechanic said fine but he didn't think there would be any issue with it. HUH? What changed from before he started working on it? I sign a piece of paper so that they can get their $75 labor from Kymco and I'm on my way.
So what just happened? Well I got my exhaust like they said but it didn't quite happen like I thought and it left me feeling a little weird about the whole situation. What do you say? Thinking I should let let it go and run my new exhaust and forget about it.

Now just waiting on some muscle so I can unload it from the van and it'll be time to ride.
Wayne

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 04:56:50 PM »
It almost sounds like they were testing to see if you were gullible enough to pay for warrantied service so they wouldn't have to turn it in to Kymco for reimbursement. They probably changed their minds because you said, flat out, that you wanted to talk to Kymco personally. 

If I were you, I would consider talking to Kymco anyway, to see if they have had any issues with that dealer before, for not covering warranty work. But that's just me.

Glad to hear that you're fixed up regardless.
Ride safe!!   :)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »
Ya Know... What he said at first may be exactly right... If the bolt head broke of when it dumped, then the whole ordeal could have begun that day.

Kymco DOES require the damaged parts to be held/returned for warranty inspection, and further R&D so getting the broken pipe back is rare. Unless Kymco USA is not asking for every part, and just a general sampling instead.

I'd simply just go with the flow here, and save your strength for bigger battles. It's a who hit who first kinda deal.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 01:55:24 AM »
So I'm tossing a few back today and . . . . well . . . . (see below)
THIS IS STARTING TO GET A LITTLE WEIRD

COME OUT YOU GREMLINS!

NOTE: Video may contain offensive language.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:15:00 AM by wkreps »
Wayne

Mikethesloan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2014, 02:07:44 AM »
So I'm tossing a few back today and . . . . well . . . . (see below)
THIS IS STARTING TO GET A LITTLE WEIRD

COME OUT YOU EFFIN GREMLINS!

I guess this proves the fact that the bolt didn't break due to dumping the bike. And that it's also not marked with paint. Give em hell wayne!
2013 Kymco Super 8 150 w/ Yoshimura TRC Exhaust
2007 Kymco Xciting 500 - Stock
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()