Author Topic: Met my first rider  (Read 911 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Met my first rider
« on: April 27, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »
So my scoot is back up and running so it was time for a ride yesterday around the county park/lake. As I'm heading to the boat launch I see another rider. Is it a motorcycle or scoot. He makes the Uturn  and it's a scoot. I wave and he waves back. Also has a young girl on the back. So he moves on and then I'm like $hit, I should have stopped him. So I go after him to catch up and now how do I get his attention to pull over so we can talk. After a lot of hand signals, passing him, pulling over, he passes me on the side of the road, I get back behind him and he pulls over. I introduce myself, of course unlike the stalker type person that I had just been acting like by riding around him. We talk for a bit and both of us had looked for scooter groups in the area and found none. I let him know I'm looking for people to ride with and he agrees. We exchange names and numbers and hopefully we can ride together some time and start to make a presence in this community of ours. He had a Yamaha Zuma50 which seemed a little small for as far away from the city as he was but he said he takes back county roads when traveling out of town. This could be the beginnings of a scooter club.  :D
Wayne

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Re: Met my first rider
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 12:36:44 AM »
That is fantastic Wayne. A few of my scooter club members have the Zumas. They mostly ride the 125s which are good bikes. The 50 ones have no bar on the front lights while the 125s have the bar on them. 8)
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Momma bear

• View Profile
Met my first rider
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 12:54:52 AM »
Congratulations. I hope you find more riders. I ride with some motorcycle friends and the more the merrier .
People300i

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 07:41:33 PM »
Found another rider today. A Yamaha 125 Compagnio (or something like that). we may have the beginnings of a club here. Only lives a few miles from me.
Wayne

mverps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 03:34:42 AM »
Nice to have someone to ride with. I did not know any scooter riders here in Missoula, Met a guy on one the other day, He not only was a nice guy to ride with, he helped me change oil.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »
That's how Sonny Barger started. Lock up your daughters.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()