Author Topic: 400$ to mod my scoot, what should I get?  (Read 16760 times)

kimura

• 2012 super 8 50cc 2t
    • View Profile
400$ to mod my scoot, what should I get?
« on: April 27, 2014, 11:07:54 PM »

What should I get?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:14:58 PM by kimura »

245luigi

• Boston, MA
    • View Profile
Re: 400$ to mod my scoot, what should I get?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »
Exhaust, variator, jets, Contraspring, roller weight tuning kit :)
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas Triops
Malossi Torque Driver

pmoneysuper850

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »
3 years later and im still trying to figure out the samething. I did the basic redistriction ( boss and jet), now waiting on input to make a bit faster.

good luck! keep me posted!

sixpac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:32:42 PM »
Cruel responders will reply a Honda but I'll spare you that,
My first scooter was a Yamaha BWS which was a supper unit. It went like a bomb but it didn't like my weight - 250Lb and the Montreal potholes ate up the tiny wheels.
I just did my 1000 Km check on my new '11 Super 2T. It carries me well and the 14 wheels are better for the holes but slllooowwwww!!!
My first move was a muffler and larger carb jet. No better. Next was new rollers - still no improvement. Rollers again and the top speed is now 50Km. It requires 1/2 throttle to get it moving by which time it's screaming, and it's no quicker. It's cost untold dollars and now all I want is for it to be back to original.
Because of the loud muffler and the high revs everyone assumes I want to drag them away from the light - and then I creep away. More than once I've been the subject of road rage. I can't blame them. They're pissed and so am I.   
Buy a GPS with the money.
Slow Bob

245luigi

• Boston, MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 06:16:13 PM »
Sixpac, why dont you get a tougher contra to help with the take off?
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas Triops
Malossi Torque Driver

kimura

• 2012 super 8 50cc 2t
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 12:25:41 AM »
thanks for the replies so far guys.

luigi,
 hows this for a variator? http://www.ebay.com/itm/performance-Variator-for-KYMCO-People-50-ZX-50-Super-8-50-/331080013215?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d15e8159f&vxp=mtr

sixpac, you mean you got an exhaust with an expansion chamber and didn't see a difference in performance at all?

kimura

• 2012 super 8 50cc 2t
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 12:32:51 AM »
so far I think they changed the drive boss and the jet. On the flat my top speed is about 34mph.

kimura

• 2012 super 8 50cc 2t
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 12:49:42 AM »
I'd love to get a package like this  but they are out of stock. I emailed them but haven't heard back. any other place I could get a package like that?

http://www.provoscooter.com/stage-one-performance-kit-kymco-50-2t.html

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 02:04:06 AM »
Call this guy..

.Louie Peverini
Scooter Parts International
800-591-2670

Scooter Parts International "
http://www.spi-parts.com/

He just made a deal w/ us for dealer pricing. Do us ALL a favor... If you call him, and say you have 400.00 to spend don't waste his time, and say I have to ask my GF. Be prepared to spend, and get the results you want.
I promise you on my dogs lives... Whatever you are looking at elsewhere is going to be close to DOUBLE what you can get from Louie. Don't take my word... Call him, and tell him you want to sign on as a dealer thru the forum

I would suggest a pipe, a couple carb jets, Contra spring and a variator with a roller tuning kit. You might even be able to pick up a clutch all within your budget.
 Stay away from Ebay for 2 stroke parts.
There is SOME good stuff but mostly crap. I know. I bought at least one of everything.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

kimura

• 2012 super 8 50cc 2t
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 07:24:53 PM »
thanks zombie! 

I will call him on monday or tuesday.  In the meantime, I will try to inform myself further.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »
If you want something to last several years years I would recommend :

http://www.spi-parts.com/scooter-parts-performance/kymco/polini-variator-kymco-people-50.html

http://www.spi-parts.com/scooter-parts-performance/kymco/polini-3g-racing-clutch-kymco-zx-super-fever.html

http://www.spi-parts.com/brand/tecnigas/trek-kymco-super-9-top-boy.html

Even at his advertised prices you can get all the goodies. Now imagine dealer discount...
These are just some suggestions. Louie knows way more than I do so take his advice above mine. I'm just looking at what I would buy for MY needs.
You still need a few idle, and main jets, and a contra spring. I would just get the stiffest he has or the Malossi red w/ the nylon spacer. The spacer pre loads the spring for more tension, and allows the spring to slide instead of twisting. It's not a GREAT part but it does help dial in the springs. Add or remove it to see if you need stiffer or softer. Usually stiffest or one step below work best for adult sized people. Same for the Fly springs. you will have to rev to near full if you set it that way but when the clutch grabs... Hold on. Of course you don't have to get all radical when tuning, and the bike will last alot longer if you don't but it's just too tempting to build a monster 50cc.
If I were REAL smart... I would have stuck w/ a kit like the one I posted. It does no one any good to keep a tuned bike in the shed.

Better yet... BUY mine. 3,000 payments of .50 cents spread over 24 hours, and it's all yours! (plus interest to be determined)

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 05:58:41 AM »
ATGATT!
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
DRAKTAMNA!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 07:38:39 AM »
 ;D

kimura

• 2012 super 8 50cc 2t
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
thanks for your info zombie, i'd consider buying yours if I hadn't already bought mine, hehe.

I just got this thing to enjoy for a year or maybe two maximum. I will get my motorcycle licence after that and get something with at least 650cc.

I'm a little concerned as the six pac poster said he changed the exhaust and didn't notice any difference?  might that be the case for me as well?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()