Author Topic: Buying Advice  (Read 3198 times)

rambava

• View Profile
Buying Advice
« on: May 01, 2014, 02:57:01 PM »
Hey all I just  joined the forum bcoz I am planning on buying the Agility 50 real soon.
I just need some advice before buying it.

It is a 2013 model.
It has only been used for 200+- miles. condition is like brand new.
The only problem I think which might arise is that it has been sitting in the garage for avery long period almost a year.
So should I check something before putting my money in it..
The owner says that it has been serviced once including the oil change.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
He said he took it out for a ride a recently and had some problems. So he cleaned the carb and now it is running perfectly fine..

Thanks in advance.

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Buying Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
The most frequent regret is NOT initially selecting at least a 125cc scooter.  Is the Agility 50, which may slow to 15-20 mph up hills and into headwinds, ACTUALLY suitable for your speed expectations?

Include the Lance PCH 150 in your research.

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 04:52:10 PM »
If you're looking to buy an agility 50 this sounds like a good one. Obviously when you go to buy it have him start it and ride it. you will be able to tell if there is something wrong. These little engines are very sensitive to small changes so its not difficult to tell if something is wrong. 
Don't listen to all of these people that tell you 50cc are useless. I have an Agility 50 and after some small changes I can get mine up to 45 mph or so on flat ground. I can hold 30 mph on almost all hills. It fits my needs perfectly and I get 100mpg on every fill up, where as with a larger scooter you will struggle to get 80mpg.

Good luck on your hunt!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 10:50:25 PM »
Check the oil color. Make sure it's not burnt or full of particles. The fuel should be fresh if it is gonna run at all. There is a 12mm bolt at the bottom of the gear case. Loosen that just enough for a drop of gear oil to escape. It should be golden colored, and NOT black. Other than that it should run around 35 mph w/ no issues. It should also idle all day long. Test ride it, and just let it sit running while you "haggle". If it stalls out??? 50.00 off the asking price. another 50.00 just for the heck of it, and 50.00 more just because it's a Kymco.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 02:00:32 AM »
If the price is right get it.dont let a good thing go.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 02:14:46 AM »
If you're certain a 50cc scooter will not leave you wishing you had more cc's 2 months from now - and the price is good ...
Remember, you don't have to mess with it to get it running correctly becasue it has a 2 yr factory warranty that is transferable to you. (12 mos. total scooter; 18 mos. electrics & engine; 24mos engine. Register it with KYMCO USA)
As stated above....just make sure you aren't going to regret not having more cc's.
(Watch the guy on youtube who travels all over California on his 50cc Honda Metropolitan - he's my hero! You can have fun on a 50 ....if you have the right mind-set going in and understand & are willing to live with the scoot's limitations.)
Good luck & keep us posted with how it turns out.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 02:31:00 AM »
"You can have fun on a 50 ....if you have the right mind-set going in and understand & are willing to live with the scoot's limitations.)"

That is one of the smartest, most well said things I have ever read here. Kudos Stig!
(mostly I just look at the pictures but the point is made)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

The moped learner

• View Profile
Buying Advice
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 05:24:30 AM »
Zombie love the commit"50 off for the heck of it and 50 more because its a kymco" 😆i find the kymco heavier than most mopeds a little slower but sher can hall a 120 pound friend and me and a bicycle trailer with a 50cc engine and tire. People where taking pics i was proud of my moped, i could only go 30mph oh if your light the ride will be rough since it mint for heavy people

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 07:07:22 AM »
What kind of bike?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Kymco don't make Mopeds ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:09:20 AM by zombie »

The moped learner

• View Profile
Buying Advice
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 07:54:12 PM »
Kymco makes mopeds, im lost at what you mean by "what kind of bike"

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »
Mopeds are motorized pedal assisted bikes. Scooters are rear engine motorcycles.
By "what kind of bike"  I mean what brand, and model were you talking about.

There is an old joke here on the forum... If it's a Kymco, It's not a F'in moped! :-*

The moped learner

• View Profile
Buying Advice
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 04:39:39 AM »
Ok then i mean my scooter kymco

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 05:43:25 AM »
Gottya!
Yes they are fun little mopeds. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 05:49:33 AM »
There is a big lake out in the middle of nowhere. On each side of the lake lives a family, and each family has a daughter. These two girls would go to the lake every day, and see each other.
One day one of the girls shouts out...  Hellloooo!
The other... Hi Baccckkkk!
The first girl says... What's it like on the other side of the lake?
Second girl ... You are ON the other side of the lake!
 ;)

The moped learner

• View Profile
Buying Advice
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 12:39:47 AM »
Im lost zombie

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()