Author Topic: Side Views  (Read 3761 times)

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
Side Views
« on: May 03, 2014, 04:47:17 AM »
So I've been looking for new side views for my Like. The ones on it now weren't intended for adult use. So my dealer ordered the mirrors offored by Kymco on their site. These are even shorter and give an even worse view. Plus the "carbon fiber" panel is a perfect example of how to make something look cheap and laughable. I am very dissapointed by this.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Side Views
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 07:24:02 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/chinese-scooter-mirrors

I was gonna post up some pink flower mirrors. They would go perfect on the Mrs.'s scoot.

Most of the scooter shops have nice stuff, and Bike Bandit is big on scooter mirrors.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 07:24:18 AM »
Pictures please, wanna see em.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
So I've been looking for new side views for my Like. The ones on it now weren't intended for adult use. So my dealer ordered the mirrors offored by Kymco on their site. These are even shorter and give an even worse view. Plus the "carbon fiber" panel is a perfect example of how to make something look cheap and laughable. I am very dissapointed by this.
Please DO give us a picture of these carbon fibre mirrors - have never seen them in the flesh!
Thanks, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »
You don't want to see them Stig. They look like something from a Cracker Jack box.
Some are nicer but CF is kind of dated... Like an avocado, and coral kitchen
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 06:55:03 PM »
Whoever thought up the bright idea of putting anything carbon fiber on a vintage style scoot, such as the Like, should be PIMP-SLAPPED!

Just my opinion!  ;D
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 01:23:05 AM »
Whoever thought up the bright idea of putting anything carbon fiber on a vintage style scoot, such as the Like, should be PIMP-SLAPPED!

Just my opinion!  ;D

Or LEDs... just my opinion also...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 01:34:19 AM »

Just my opinion!  ;D

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 01:44:09 PM »
I have no picture because I refused to buy them after we looked them over and looked at them on the scoot. If you go to Kymco's site and find the Like's official accesories you'll see the mirrors. But I think they only show the ones without the fake carbon fiber. The plastic panel that had a carbon fiber print on it sits on the back of the mirror. It was poorly built too. One had a huge gap between the plastic and the chrome. But the mirrors extend further inward than then did outward. It was sad. On the stock mirrors 75% of what i see is me reflected back and i have to lean every single time to see. With those other mirrors I was 90% of what I saw in the mirrors. Only order those if you are a petite woman.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »
Save yourself the trouble and do what Vivo does. He snaps off the OEM mirrors and leaves the posts and arms to duct tapes these mirrors to his ride.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 08:18:36 PM »
I purchased a pair fo these from this fellow to put on my LIKE.
I can see very well behind me, now.
Put a good coat of wax on the set screws after they're adjusted and tightened with Loctite Blue..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piaggio-Vespa-LML-Star-Scooter-long-adjustable-motorcycle-mirror-Italy-/111287829849?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e9458559
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:49 PM »
If it's all about the angle, and vision I have two sets I installed on mine.
One is Bar end, and the other is a fully adjustable set. The picts are on this thread...

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=11422.0

Click the CraigsList link. Both sets were under 30.00 bucks combined, and I can see everything. Ebay

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 02:56:23 AM »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 03:57:11 AM »
That is one of my all time favorites.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 06:09:09 AM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()