Author Topic: LIKE OEM Accessories  (Read 4963 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
LIKE OEM Accessories
« on: May 03, 2014, 01:36:00 PM »
This is pretty much all the KYMCO accessories available from KYMCO USA for the LIKE scooter.

The 2 piece chrome crash bars (incl. front fender trim) , wind screen in 2 or 3 colors, under-seat donut bag (?!), and some shortie mirrors with a bit of carbon fibre applique', shelf paper like stuff, on the back side. The carbon fibre is not seen here - but is advertised as such. That very nice chrome piece on the muffler is not available in the USA from Kymco.....actually, it might be for the 50cc LIKE - which I think is seen here. I found my stock mirrors to be too short, and they are longer than these accessory mirrors - so I went looking for some better mirrors and found some longer Italian scooter mirrors on eBay which have 10mm shafts for a less vibrating view behind me. Not cheap - but I spend a lot of time looking back there!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:42:52 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
Re: LIKE OEM Accessories
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »
At least they offer something for the Like. I have a Super 8, and they don't offer squat for that scoot except a mount for the Shad trunks.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 07:24:08 PM »
That's because the S8 is perfect as is. The Like is a Dollar Store "Toaster". All toasters look better when you put a racing stripe down the middle.
Batteries not included ;D
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 10:01:01 PM »
That's because the S8 is perfect as is. The Like is a Dollar Store "Toaster". All toasters look better when you put a racing stripe down the middle.
No my xB is a toaster (I have the decal to prove it) my LIKE is a fuel injected, dual disc braked, dual rear shocked , top-cased scooter that starts at 1 degree F... and after rain storms - while you guys are still in the parking lot trying to find all the parts to your exhaust , or trying to figure out which jet is plugged today, or how much OceanFoam is needed --  and which eBay bystarter or oil pump or Leo-FahrtCan  (German spelling) is playing up today --- while I'm cruising, on time, to work -or  to the donut shop with a grin on my handsome face!
Annonymouse LIKE owner somewhere in the great MidWest.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 01:04:27 AM »
I like all my broken/worn out sh_t. I like buying new sh_t to break, and wear out even better.

When you are cruising along without a care in the world at 70MPH, and get passed by a guy on a 50cc scooter... Youre gonna wonder what is wrong with yours, and why it can't run that fast. ???
Then you can go home. and read on the forum how I passed a guy on a toaster, and it only cost me a new crank/piston/rings, and a set of rollers. You tell me who had more fun that day. ;D

It's not the destination. It's the journey.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:06:11 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 01:49:06 AM »
I've been looking for some racing stripes for my blue and white toaster. I heard the stripes add 10 mph.
 On any given day, the Kymco USA website is down and you can't even look at the accessory page. It took three days to get the part numbers for the crash bars.
 Their standard reply to emails is "our website is having problems."
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 03:14:33 AM »
Try Stadium Yamaha.
If you really want to add some top end get flames. They are at least three times faster.

You can actually buy the stripe kit in rolls at Auto Zone/Pep Boys ect. If you keep the paint wet w/ soapy water it allows you to adjust, and squeegee out air bubbles.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 03:24:54 AM »
Save yourself some money and use these to make your racing strips.  :P

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »
Actually this is a toaster! :D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »
Actually this is a toaster! :D
I have always thought that this is the prettiest transportation machine even made....maybe in red, or white. Yes white. No, red!, But the blue & black are to die for, too.
Thanks for the photo, is he your's?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »
Not mine Stig just from the web. I agree on the early 70's Beemers, beautiful, I had one like this.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »

The Super 8 is NEARLY perfect! I'll admit, I wouldn't mind having fuel injection for those cold morning starts. And, maybe a seat that doesn't punish my jewels!
But, that's probably TOO much info!   :o
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 11:37:40 PM »
Toaster? I resemble that remark! I have my own little, well, sorta toaster. It's a 2008 not a 2006, and it's payed off and only has 61,000 miles on it and runs like a top. Do I fit in it comfortable? Well, kinda. But it works for me for now. And if I can find a damn used truck it will work even better. That way I won't have to tow my Like on a trailer behind my semi-toaster anymore.

Remember, creamy peanut butter is best on toast. Ride safe, mscmkr

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 02:15:17 AM »

iF THE LIGHTS GO OUT JUST GIGGLE THE CORD!   1977 50CC

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 02:30:51 AM »

Imagine Rossi on a Like....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()