Author Topic: 2012 Kymco Agility 50 4T - Rear Turn signal issues  (Read 2314 times)

tso6115

• View Profile
2012 Kymco Agility 50 4T - Rear Turn signal issues
« on: May 05, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »
I recently bought a used Agility 50 and the right-rear blinker was not flashing and the front one was blinking really fast...usually a burnt out bulb.   Replaced the bulb and still nothing.   I took out the socket and notice the side contact had been pushed down to the bottom contact.   I fixed that issue by the blinker will still not come up.   I even used that socket on the the left rear and it worked fine.   I don't think there's any fuses other than the two off the battery?   All of the wires are inside the rear plastic fenders, etc.    How do I get access to see if one of the wires is fried?   Remove the rack, side painted pieces, then two black rear pieces?    Thanks for any help anyone can give me.   

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Kymco Agility 50 4T - Rear Turn signal issues
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:09:46 PM »
I recently bought a used Agility 50 and the right-rear blinker was not flashing and the front one was blinking really fast...usually a burnt out bulb.   Replaced the bulb and still nothing.   I took out the socket and notice the side contact had been pushed down to the bottom contact.   I fixed that issue by the blinker will still not come up.   I even used that socket on the the left rear and it worked fine.   I don't think there's any fuses other than the two off the battery?   All of the wires are inside the rear plastic fenders, etc.    How do I get access to see if one of the wires is fried?   Remove the rack, side painted pieces, then two black rear pieces?    Thanks for any help anyone can give me.   
Try searching for a service manual posting for your scoot - or if you're going to keep it for a while and want to do your own servicing maybe think about buying the cyclepedia manual for your scooter. I use it for all kinds of stuff on my scooter.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:01:58 PM »
Yeah you do have to take off the plastics. I generally begin w/ the seat/pet carrier. Sometimes the wires just pull out of the cheap plastic connectors they use.

Look in this thread. The manual is there.   http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=495.15
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 04:08:10 PM »
This sounds similar to symptoms of a bad flasher. It looks like this: http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Jiffybucket/media/DSC_0398.jpg.html
and sits attached to your front steering column cover.
2007 Kymco Agility 50
Stock other than Dr. Pulley Sliders and derestricted from the dealer.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 07:26:31 PM »
Hi MN,
He stated the left side works fine. His symptom tells me it is a connection to the socket.
The flasher Kymco uses is just an in line capacitor to charge a momentary relay. If one side works the flasher is fine.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()