Author Topic: new owner of kymco agility 50  (Read 8584 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: new owner of kymco agility 50
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »
I spoke quite a bit w/ a tech. at Suitai. (They make the cdi for Kymco) The reason the cdi's are so short lived is the derestriction that we do. Basicly the cdi has a programed chip that contains the limiting info. When you cut the wire leading to the chip and ground it (2t) you are delivering more amperage than the chip was designed for. On the 4t models you are cutting a loop and bottlenecking the current that is designed to flow. Suitai will program their cdi's to ANY specs. you need, ship it to you w/ a 90 day warranty. (try to return one to Kymco). You can contact them on the web, and there is an international # to get an english speaking rep. With the cdi I purchased I am confident I will not be buying them by the six pack anymore. Ps. w/ shipping from tiawan it cost $2.00 more than going to the dealer for one
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: new owner of kymco agility 50
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 10:36:49 AM »
From my side of things, I always see alot of orders for CDI boxes. So be careful with whatever you do.  If you really want more power, why didn't you get a bigger model?  Just curious.

..a lot of us are riding 50cc engines because of a DWI...50 ccs are the only option as, like in my state, a driver license is not required...

;)

..we're also restricted to a 35 mph speed limit, but most po po turn there heads as long as you're not acting stupid...

peace

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()