Author Topic: Got Rear-Ended Today  (Read 1186 times)

torkymco

• View Profile
Got Rear-Ended Today
« on: May 07, 2014, 06:05:31 AM »
 :( Was at a stop sign when all of a sudden I was jolted forward. The force was strong enough to raise me off my seat, yet still hanging onto handle-bars. Turned off scooter, got off and approached a young female driver in a low-profile early 90's Honda Civic who was apologizing. Just let her go. The scooter seemed ok. Didn't notice any visible signs of damage. Still functioning. Will take into shop to see if rear wheel or frame is out of alignment.  ???

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Got Rear-Ended Today
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:16:03 AM »
Damn!! sorry to hear that... where did the car hit? your rear tire? fender?  Whenever I hear rear-end stories, I get worried... I ride everyday with my wife and I just cant imagine a rear end collision... knock on wood...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:58:43 AM »
I hope you're OK.
I've only had my scoot for a couple of months now, but I've already gotten to the point that I check my mirrors obsessively when I stop.  I've seen too many drivers not paying attention, and several that just seem to pull up way too close (and way too fast) for no apparent reason.

A good reminder for everyone-- It's not just the cars in front of you! There are just as many idiots behind you too!!

Ride safe, and be forever vigilant!
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »
Our Super 8s rock!!!!  8) 8) 8)

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 04:47:49 PM »
Glad to hear you are OK but I think just to CYA, I would have had a police report made out and got her insurance information. Unless you are trying to avoid the police department.  :o
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:42 PM »
Check the output shaft. My bet is that it got bent.
Glad no-one was hurt.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 04:32:29 PM »
Glad your ok OP. You guys are more forgiving than I would be. If it's their fault and they have ins I'm claiming every thing that would make me whole, been screwed too many times letting stuff go with a promise to pay. Worked too hard for my stuff to give it away because of some else's stupidity.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()