Author Topic: Trucks and mud tires and rocks.......OH MY! Handguards are sounding good.  (Read 782 times)

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
While enjoying several days of great riding weather this week, I had the pleasant experience of having a rock thrown up and nailing me right in the knuckles yesterday. Didn't cause any real issue, but it did hurt like hell!
It immediately got me thinking back to my younger days of playing on dirt bikes. So I started considering the idea of a set of handguards on the Super8.
I looked around online and no one really makes anything with scooters in mind.
Now, I have no problem with the idea of modifying a set to fit on the scoot. I was just curious if anyone here has put a set of them on their scoot before. If so, were there any major issues with mounting them, and did they help with stuff like cold or rain protection.
If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate the input.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
www.barkbusters.net

One site . Many other "Universal Hand guards for bikes/scooter " under google.com
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Chris0381

• View Profile
Another reason I chose the MPACT  Mechanix gloves at Wallmart instead of thin glove. MPACT and some rubber in the knuckle area.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

wkreps

• View Profile
CHRIS!!!

Thanks for the idea on gloves. I had no idea Mechanix made protective type gloves. Are they meant for riding or are you just dual using these gloves?
Wayne

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
I have riding gloves with armored knuckles, but they only protect so much. Plus, when it breaks 80 degrees, leather gloves are a bit too much to ride comfortably.
Roxana, IL

Chris0381

• View Profile
CHRIS!!!

Thanks for the idea on gloves. I had no idea Mechanix made protective type gloves. Are they meant for riding or are you just dual using these gloves?

These are the glove $25 at wallmart. They look like multipurpose not specifically for riding.

http://www.fullsource.com/mechanix-mpt-51/?size=4&color=black_yellow&gclid=clb42yheob4cfrfk7aodb24aug
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
www.powermadd.com

Found this place online. They have handguard mounts specifically for scooter applications. Their prices don't look too bad either.
Plus, they're the only company I've seen in a long time that still offers a print catalog for us old-fashion people who still pay our bills without credit cards.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:56:42 PM by DMblues01 »
Roxana, IL

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()