Author Topic: Gloves  (Read 2046 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Gloves
« on: May 10, 2014, 07:38:15 PM »
Pulled from another topic to help keep it on topic.

I picked up these Cortech DX 2 Gloves and they are OK. Nice for summer riding but one index finger is giving me trouble. The sewn seam is digging under my fingernail while riding. Just a wee bit annoying. I'd like to get some nice heavy duty ones but I'll need to save some $$$ first. Too many things to buy. Let me know your experiences with gloves, what you have and your opinion on them.

CHRIS!!!

Thanks for the idea on gloves. I had no idea Mechanix made protective type gloves. Are they meant for riding or are you just dual using these gloves?

These are the glove $25 at wallmart. They look like multipurpose not specifically for riding.

http://www.fullsource.com/mechanix-mpt-51/?size=4&color=black_yellow&gclid=clb42yheob4cfrfk7aodb24aug
Wayne

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: Gloves
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »
I go to the local Military Surplus store for Camping/riding equipment. They carry everything from leather gauntlet ( cold weather )type to fingerless leather gloves, saddlebags, chaps, helmets, etc. Good deals...long lasting leather and inexpensive.     :)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 04:51:57 AM »
I have the same Cortech gloves. What you'll find is that it will soften up over time and the uncomfortable feeling you get will go away. I also found washing them in cold water in a gentle cycle aided in the softening process.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:26:33 PM by TroutBum »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 07:16:23 AM »
This is my range to cover all of our seasons ...
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 01:10:25 PM »
yeah, it looks like at least 3 pair is what I'll need. These Cortech's aren't much for protection but certainly better than nothing. I also want a nice summer and cold weather pairs with hard knuckles. etc.

Nice collection Bob.

Thanks for the tip Trout.

bluesin, looks like I've added a riding trip to a surplus store to my places I want to ride to.
Wayne

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »
 Taking a rock to the hand has been a concern. I have some S & S gloves. They are comfortable, but do not offer much protection for a hard impact. Those Mechanix gloves look like they would do the job. I was at the local Wal-Mart yesterday. They did not stock anything like that.

Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 06:43:59 PM »
Anyone else see that top right one move !?
Might be a palmetto in there!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 09:27:26 PM »
Or a wombat hiding from the Palmetto. I didn't actually see it move but I set it as my wall paper, and will keep a close eye on it.

Will report more details as the story develops.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 07:13:10 AM »
No gloves for me..!!! 

A misconception on motocross gloves... some think they're fully protected because the sport itself is very rough... wrong!... motocross riders fall on dirt... not on pavement...  ;)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 09:52:02 AM »
Anyone else see that top right one move !?
Might be a palmetto in there!

::) Bloody palmettoes - they're palm trees ya wombats. It ain't my fault you guys can't talk strine.  ;)

" Yeah mate, I'll go a large serve of palmettoes and chips thanks and plenty of tomatoe sauce " .
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:48:04 AM by Hairy Bob »
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »
Only on Sundays.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 02:16:41 AM »
No gloves for me..!!! 

A misconception on motocross gloves... some think they're fully protected because the sport itself is very rough... wrong!... motocross riders fall on dirt... not on pavement...  ;)

speaking of protection, (just thought of this) does anyone wear knee pads rather than expensive riding pants. Kinda like the Mechanix gloves rather than the high $ riding gloves.
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »
Karate gear is big in Asia for protection. Seriously...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 02:19:59 AM »
Karate gear is big in Asia for protection. Seriously...
I laughed because you wrote "Seriously . . . ". Sometimes it's hard to tell.
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 02:22:56 AM »
I know... LOL ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()