Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1359 times)

mitch

• View Profile
Hello
« on: May 12, 2014, 07:36:37 AM »
Hi.

I live in central Scotland and have just joined the Kymco forum.

I have owned many motorcycles and scooters over the years and when a friend of mine, who owns and runs a motorcycle dealership, took on a Kymco agency during 2013, I first came across the DT300i and really liked the look of it then read up on all the reviews and viewed all the you tube footage I could find.

I was unsure about a number of issues and was still a bit loathe to take the plunge however I took a test ride around town and quite liked it but felt the lack of leg room and lower seat might be a problem - I was used to Burger 650 / Burger 400 / T Max / X Max / Honda Silverwing / Honda SW125 and the like and I enjoyed the feet forward riding position.

During November 2013 I decided to try the DT again however the 300 demo my friend had was sold however I found a Kymco agent in Fife however they only had a 125 to road test.

The 125 performed very well indeed compared to the Yamaha Xmax 125 and Honda SW125 and I got used to the seating position but could not get used to the speedometer being in KPH however I decided to take the plunge and ordered a DT300 in late November.

My DT arrived late January 2014 and within days I was on the road since then I have covered off 2900 miles and love it also I was very surprised and pleased to find that the speedo on my DT was in MPH rather than KPH.

I fitted a 32 Litre top box and also a large X-creen spoiler as I found the standard DT screen to be too noisy and turbulent.

I would be interested to hear if there are any other members in or around central Scotland who would be interested in meeting up for a coffee / discuss the DT.

Mitch.

kneeslider

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:37:58 AM »
Hi Mitch, would love to over a pint but sadly Scotland is too far away! ;D
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 01:51:17 AM »
Yo Bro! We need more Scott's here. We had one but I aint seen him lately.

If it's OK by you I will just pretend you have a 50cc. That way we can get along. ;D
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:53:20 AM »
I love Scotch and Rum...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 01:54:40 AM »
in one glass... no ice
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
howzitgaun mitch  ;D welcome aboard!

I to was from the centre west, Barrhead, know of it? where abouts are you?

unfortunately (fortunately  ;D ) for you I've been in England a long time but I still go home occasionally to see my family, so mibbies we could meet up next time I'm up!

I've had my dt for a good few weeks now and loving it! I'm only a short arse so she fits me fine, the only problem (!!) I have is that I seem to go everywhere at full throttle, circumstances permitting of course!

I have the x-creen touring, I wasn't sure wheather to put it on, so does it make a difference?

just got a givi E370 and now waiting for the base plate to arrive, hopefully soon.

cheers for now,

Don.

Why Ride 1 Mile When 10 Will Do!!

mitch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 06:40:59 AM »
Hi Howzitgaun.

Yes I know Barrhead having worked there from time to time.

I fitted the X-creen touring (Clear) as soon as I could after purchasing the DT as I found that the standard screen way too noisy and turbulent.

I knew it had made a huge difference to the standard screen on my Honda Swing 125 when I fitted one to that Scoot and so I presumed it would do the same on the DT however it was a matter of buying it, fitting it and then seeing how it performed.

I have fitted the X-creen with stage one connectors meaning that the spoiler can only be rotated forward and or back - I think there are four or five positions - I use position Nos 3 or 4 depending upon weather conditions (Rotating the spoiler forward towards front of DT).

I tried the full universal joint system (Up down / front back) but find that there is little or any improvement (could even be worse) at all compared to stage 1 which I also think is much better looking, streamlined and compact.

The Problem with after market screens and spoilers is that they are expensive and there is no way of knowing how effective they are until they are bought and fitted and then if no good it is too late.

I very much like the Givi Airflow screens - They are very effective, adjustable and really look good but unfortunately Givi do not seem to produce one for the DT at the present time.

Regarding the top box I fitted the standard Kymco DT base plate and initially used a black 32 litre Givi top box but found it to be a bit too small and I now have a Givi E470 Top box with white lid.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:55:42 AM by mitch »
Mitch.

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »
cheers Mitch, sounds like I shall install the x-creen, I already have it set up on the universal joint so i'll try it with that first.

your definitely right about the cost, i think personally that anything that has the prefix or suffix "scooter" is a lot more expensive!! we still buy tho'  ;D ;D ;D

i'll let you know how i get on regarding the screen.

cheers,

Don

Why Ride 1 Mile When 10 Will Do!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()