Author Topic: Do I need this on my SCOOTER😉?  (Read 4405 times)

The moped learner

• View Profile
Do I need this on my SCOOTER😉?
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 04:15:26 AM »
The canister thing is cracked and missing a peace so i took it off

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Do I need this on my SCOOTER😉?
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 04:50:27 AM »
You are going to give me a stroke. Start over.

Pull off the cylinder head kit, and inspect everything. The rings should all move free just like when you bought the kit. Look at the piston. this page will help. http://www.smellofdeath.com/lloydy/piston_diag_guide.htm

If everything is good then put it back together.

The EGR pieces you took off/on/whatever will not affect anything as far as how the bike runs. If you have broken or missing parts you simply have to block it off AT THE CYLINDER HEAD or OUTLET side of the stainless pipe. String, and bent rubber hoses don't work. Use a piece of a soda can. Just cut it to fit with a pair of scissors.

Answer these questions but don't ask or say anything else... How long ago did you install the 80cc kit?
Did you change the jets in the Carb? How long did you ride with the broken ERG system? Which piston in the chart looks most like yours?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 05:24:55 AM »
I didnt install the 80cc kit yet, yes i changed the jet I'm running a 85 to 90 jet, i didn't ride the scooter long at all with the egr system broke because i notice burnt fumes and i looked it all over and found the broken egr system, and the  piston it looks like is well i don't know yet because i don't want to mess anything up taking it apart

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 05:30:37 AM »
It's burning oil so my oil ring must be ruined a bit but it runs its like it has a little more power odd yes but true. It starts up fine but i noticed a couple of weeks ago it was blowing smoke out the valve cover breather
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:32:41 AM by The moped learner »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »
Did you order the 80cc kit yet?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 01:55:34 PM »
Yes i ordered the kit yesterday

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2014, 08:30:30 AM »
Post when you get it.
You need a 1/8th" drill bit / 100 grit/220 grit/400 grit sand paper, or anything to smooth the piston dome. That's really key to consistency. You have to drill oilers in the piston if it doesn't  have them. Get sh** for an oil change
Engine gasket set/oilpump

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-GASKET-SET-GY6-49cc-50cc-QMB139-MOPED-SCOOTER-ROKETA-PEACE-ICE-TANK-/200924571816?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item2ec809a8a8&vxp=mtr

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:33:04 AM by zombie »

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 01:36:06 AM »
Well heres the piston looks ok other than the piston scratched bad

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 02:26:39 AM »
Well zombie what you think?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 02:44:55 AM »
FIRST thing I would do is remove the stator/flywheel, and split open that side case. It's easy.
Reason is the oil pump is inside there.

It LOOKS like the exhaust side was getting very hot. I think that was partly the EGT system being open but it may also be a bad/worn out oil pump.

You cant re-use what you have so you have to get a complete gasket set, and an oil pump.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-GY6-139qmb-Scooter-Complete-Gasket-Set-Kit-Wildfire-FlyScooters-Lance-/191070368444?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7cae72bc&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OIL-PUMP-KIT-COMPLETE-FOR-CHINESE-SCOOTERS-WITH-50cc-QMB139-MOTORS-/171204009869?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item27dc8ddf8d&vxp=mtr

Don't cheap out, and skip the oil pump. That may be your whole problem. If the oil is not pumping the engine is gonna burn.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 02:51:13 AM »
Youtube is my friend.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 02:58:32 AM »
Mine TOO! What a coincidence.

You can see whole rebuilds on QMB 139 (same thing)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 02:59:31 AM »
Youtube is my friend.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 03:02:00 AM »
Found the Peyote I see.  8)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()