Author Topic: Scooter Forums  (Read 2503 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Scooter Forums
« on: May 20, 2014, 01:53:50 AM »
As much as I enjoy kymcoforum.com, I find myself looking for other forums to peruse. Care to share where you have to give a daily look to see what's going on in the scooter world.
Wayne

blue

• View Profile
Re: Scooter Forums
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:44:43 AM »
Find a local scooter club that has a fourm.I have one there fun.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 02:46:29 AM »
Find a local scooter club that has a fourm.I have one there fun.

scrollderf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 03:43:55 AM »
Just take any scooter manufacture or even the scooter species and google. Also try maxiscooters with a dot com. Lots of forums out there. I daily follow five of varying types, but mostly maxis. My first forum viewed each day is Kymcoforum of course. By the way my new Downtown 300 is getting to be more enjoyable everyday. :D :D :D
Formerly 03 AA500 now DT300

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
Just take any scooter manufacture or even the scooter species and google. Also try maxiscooters with a dot com. Lots of forums out there. I daily follow five of varying types, but mostly maxis. My first forum viewed each day is Kymcoforum of course. By the way my new Downtown 300 is getting to be more enjoyable everyday. :D :D :D
Care to share the 5 you follow?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:17:14 PM by wkreps »
Wayne

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
All forums are not equal there are some real snakepits out there.
Here's one of my faves:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
Thanks Amac. I've seen Adventure Rider quoted a couple times here and that is what brought this topic up. I'll definitely check them out.
Wayne

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scrollderf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 01:42:29 AM »
I was not certain of the protocol of submitting other forum addresses. Here is what I follow daily. Good to see some others, so I will check them out also. As some background, I previously (a month ago) owned an Aprillia Atlantic 500 (maxi-scooter), so that may explain some of my choices.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/forum
http://maxi-scoots.com/
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/
http://majestyusa.com/forums/index
http://modernvespa.com/forum/

and of course the KymcoForum
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:49:13 AM by scrollderf »
Formerly 03 AA500 now DT300

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 02:38:31 AM »
Aprilia has the most Tech info going. DOn't mention the Trail Tech Temp unit. They will run you off w/ torches.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »
Thanks Amac. I've seen Adventure Rider quoted a couple times here and that is what brought this topic up. I'll definitely check them out.

Just remember, there's nice sections of ADV and then there's the rest..  I've been on there for over 10 years and it's one of the only forums that I have numerous people on ignore.. I just recommend you don't visit the Basement.. 15% of the people in there are there to argue, and nothing else.. Internet tough guys..

The scooters and the regional sections are very nice, with tons of info and people who will go out of their way to help someone in need.

Just remember to tread lightly.. I've met lifelong friends (people I get together with several times a year) and I've met a couple people that I wouldn't stop and pee on if they were on fire.

I've never understood the desire to be an ass 24 hours a day, or strive to piss people off.. I'm on forums to learn and share, and have good hearted fun.. I guess I'm just a simpleton..

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 06:36:25 PM »
Just remember, there's nice sections of ADV and then there's the rest..  I've been on there for over 10 years and it's one of the only forums that I have numerous people on ignore.. I just recommend you don't visit the Basement.. 15% of the people in there are there to argue, and nothing else.. Internet tough guys..

The scooters and the regional sections are very nice, with tons of info and people who will go out of their way to help someone in need.

Just remember to tread lightly.. I've met lifelong friends (people I get together with several times a year) and I've met a couple people that I wouldn't stop and pee on if they were on fire.

I've never understood the desire to be an ass 24 hours a day, or strive to piss people off.. I'm on forums to learn and share, and have good hearted fun.. I guess I'm just a simpleton..

There are china scoot forums that I refuse to visit as I would have to put 90% of the members on ignore. Most are platforms created to be "sand boxes" for the owners and his friends. There are three that are all the same owners/founders. Go figure.

ADV is well modded in comparison.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 11:07:21 PM »
"I've never understood the desire to be an ass 24 hours a day, or strive to piss people off.. I'm on forums to learn and share, and have good hearted fun.. I guess I'm just a simpleton.."

It's a very simple formula that I posted recently...

You can not please everybody no matter how hard you try. BUT you sure as hell can piss them all off.

Strength in numbers.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 12:45:38 AM »
Hey wkreps, thought your picture looked familiar. I recently viewed and commented on one of your youtube videos, small world eh? The video was about a teleporting bolt lol!  8)
WTF, i have a Ninja 650!!

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 02:48:52 AM »
Falcon, I see you're a gamer too. PM me your GT and I'll friend invite you on the 360. Lots more videos coming soon.
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()