Author Topic: [VIDEO] Removing Panel Videos  (Read 1641 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
[VIDEO] Removing Panel Videos
« on: May 24, 2014, 04:43:14 AM »
I just finished adding a Tach and Temperature seniors to my Super8 150 and I filmed a lot of it. Not professional by any means but maybe it will help someone identify how to get some of their plastic panels off. There are 13 videos in all and they are numbered in order. I appreciate any feedback be it positive or negative.

My YouTube Channel

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:07:12 AM by wkreps »
Wayne

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Removing Panel Videos
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:17:19 AM »
I hate taking off the front cover on super 8's lol.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:26:04 PM »
Been working my way through this set of videos.  Fascinating to see how the inside of my super 8 would look should I ever decide to do this...which I won't.  I'm planning to do my own oil changes, take care of the spark plug, maybe try my hand with the valves, but that's as far into my scoot I plan to get.  It was good to see you got your battery cover off without taking onn that panel between the seat and floor.  On another video the guy took that off before removing the battery cover.  Keep putting up more videos, please!
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

PeTroL42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 03:05:20 PM »
I don't know how far along you are on removing the panels but you really only need to remove the dashboard panel.

From there you could drop the line to the VIN plate that's behind the rubber cover.  Then from the bottom of the scooter, run a metal coat hangar or any other type of flexible rod you can find up to the VIN plate.  I find this to be the hardest part.  Once you get the coat hangar up to the VIN plate, tape the wire to the end of the coat hangar and slowly pull it back out and voila!, you have your wire run.

Also, I suggest mounting both of the gauges on the same side of the scooter because if you want to get something like a RAM mount later on to secure your Cell Phone to your scooter while riding, it won't block one of the gauges since the best way to mount a RAM mount on a scooter is to get the ball that attaches to the mirror stalk.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 03:23:38 PM »
I don't know how far along you are on removing the panels but you really only need to remove the dashboard panel.

Well I'm done but thanks for the tips. The videos and doing it the way I did was as much about learning how to take the scooter panels off as it was about mounting the new gauges.
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()