Author Topic: Oil screen & plug on the LIKE  (Read 4900 times)

Aceforever

• View Profile
Re: Oil screen & plug on the LIKE
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 07:32:08 AM »
Hey Zomb,
Finally got the new oil plug delivered. Gonna try and remove it maybe with the hard chisel.

What I found out when using a socket, it needs to be a 6point socket to prevent any damage to the oil plug.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 07:40:03 AM »
I'm not sure how stripped yours is, but sometimes you can use a 16mm 12pt socket and tap it on with a mallet. They do make extractor bit sets too.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »
12 point sockets are garbage UNLESS you are removing a 12 point bolt.
They are specialty bolts, and not seen often.

Anyone that has tools should have six point sockets. No excuse for using the wrong tool.
Unfortunately most people find out the hard way, and have to deal with the results.

The one thing I have the most off is sockets... 12 point, 6 point, Deep, 1/2 deep, 1" drive down to 1/4 inch. If I don't have the socket... It's not made.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 02:07:13 AM »
  do you have square sockets for square nuts, mine are 50 years old and I havent seen them since, 

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 06:38:07 AM »
12 point sockets are garbage UNLESS you are removing a 12 point bolt.
They are specialty bolts, and not seen often.

Anyone that has tools should have six point sockets. No excuse for using the wrong tool.
Unfortunately most people find out the hard way, and have to deal with the results.

The one thing I have the most off is sockets... 12 point, 6 point, Deep, 1/2 deep, 1" drive down to 1/4 inch. If I don't have the socket... It's not made.
Finally got it off! Whoo! I went in the store and as I was asking about the 16mm wrench the assistant recommended "Bolt Extractor Socket Set 8mm-19mm". They don't sell them individually so I bought the pack for $30. I got it off and manage to put the new plug and oil in....voila ;)

Cheers boyz, I will surely not have this problem in the future again...which remains me to buy another oil plug just in case.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()